1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
I believed in Lepracuans.:elf: I thought little people lived inside of the radio and sang at our request.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
What an entertaining site! Thank you for sharing it with us Sara.

I used to believe that everyone lived in the 1950s or before lived in black and white. I thought that since they only showed them in black and white on television that must have been how the world looked back then. I even remember thinking when I was a little kid how happy I was that I lived in the 70s because those poor people on the old television shows had such ugly houses with no color and ours was so pretty with it's ORANGE shag carpeting (Oh the wonderful 70s, LOL).

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
That I'd grow up to be a princess! LOL! I did better, I'm Queen of my own little castle now! :laugh:

·
Registered
593 Posts
well..my kids actually believed there was a little man who lived in the fridge who turned the light on and off..oh he also lived in the glove compartment..

·
Registered
325 Posts
I was waaaaaay too imaginative a kid. First, the longest running one. I have two birthmarks on my neck. I was terrified to touch my bedroom floor because I knew that somehow the wall next to my bed opened up a long, narrow secret door that Dracula would use to roll into my room at night and try to bite me again! If I touched the floor, he would pull the rug so that I would slide under the bed and he would get me for good. ROFL!!

The other was that Elvis, Kenny Rogers and the Beatles among others,lived in our stereo. It was one of those huge pieces of furniture - with a built in 8 track player:thumb: I used to get in trouble for leaving food for them outside the speakers.

Maybe my mom lied to me and really did do drugs...LOL

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I had all sorts of weird beliefs, lol...but i'll tell the ones that aren't so embarassing...

first i belileved that there were little bitty people that lilved in the tv, when it was off they'd nap, but spring into action once we turned the tv on. I also believed the singers on the radio were IN the radio.

Second, I was sure that after reading the book the Indian in the cupboard, that i too could place a figure in my locking boxes and they would some how come to life if i just did it exactly right.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
If I dug long enough I could reach China.........
I believed that my Dad had an ejection button on the dashboard that would send us fling if we misbehaved ........

·
27,948 Posts
I believed the digging to china bit too, Lori.
I had nightmares for years thinking that lightning and thunder could see me (I'd only be safe in a windowlesss room) and then zap me. I wasn't afraid when I was awake lol, it only haunted me in my sleep.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I used to believe that the earth rotated top to bottom and if I stayed up all night I would see everything upside down, as we rotated around ;)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Wow what a great thread!!! Well i can only think of a couple of those"childhood beliefs"
1. I used to go to sleep with my hand UNDER my mattress(waterbed no less) because if someone tried to steal me from my bed in the middle od the night they couldn't........lol
And I'll be darned if I didn't just draw a blank on anything else....lmao!!!!
My son thought that the world was black and white back in the 50s too.............lol
Denise

·
Registered
28 Posts
When I was little there was one town near us with one traffic light (yup small towns) and the light was right by the police station. I though someone sat by the window and changed the light with a button.

and NOTHING (ghosts, monsters....) can get you if your head is under the covers.

another entertaining topic would be messed up lyrics from songs. My sister and I were terrible (I still am) at deciphering lyrics. "gloomy tuesday" (Ruby Tuesday) is a classic one in our family.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Thanks to the TV commercials, I really believed that my "Zips" tennis shoes would make me be able to leap over the top of the swingset in a single bound.

I also believed that when you see sunbeams, those are elevators for people going up to heaven. I still like that image! :angel:

·
Registered
184 Posts
I used to believe that The Beatles (and all popular recording artists) were actually in the radio station and singing their songs live. I didn't know there were such things as 45 r.p.m. records --

Julie
:confused:

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Julie said:
I used to believe that The Beatles (and all popular recording artists) were actually in the radio station and singing their songs live. I didn't know there were such things as 45 r.p.m. records --

Julie
:confused:
LOL me too Julie. I used to think that the DJ just pointed to them and that they started to play. :laugh:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Boy this brings back memories:

I used to believe:

That thunder was God and the Angels bowling...the loudest boom was a strike!

That when I was out driving with my grandparents (we used to do that in the evening just because), my grandfather could make the traffic light change from red to green by saying "Turn green light!"

That people were actually singing through the radio (like some of you have already posted). Boy it used to confuse me when my Mom would change the channel and Glen Campbell was on two different stations! I used to wonder how he got from one place to another so fast!:laugh:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts