Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually wash down my walls once per year. Is that gross? None of us are smokers, but I'm always amazed at how dirty they are!

What do you do for spring cleaning?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Nothing major, as I tend to clean things in regular intervals. Probably just open all the windows, dust everything, vacuum out all the corners and underneaths and just get my house fresh again after a long, dry, stale winter.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
That is usually when I take the vents off of the heaters and stick the hose to the vacuum cleaner as far down as I can and get whatever junk out of the ductwork that I can - other than that, it's just cleaning as usual!

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Nothig major here either since I try to clean on a daily basis and for the most part I like things neat and tidy. The only thing I can think of is cleaning around the switch plates and outlet covers around the house. :)

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I take down all the cookie jars down off their shelves and wash them, dust off the shelves and repaint the room if needed. Like the livingroom this year.
Yes, its alot of washing as I have over 100 cookie jars spread out over the house. I also dust, vaccum and rearrange bookcases.

LAurie in Bradenton

·
Registered
772 Posts
I have to do my windows..they are a mess and I am procrastinating because it is cold outside.. I'll probably wait another few weeks.
I also like to wash down my walls and hit all the vents. We are doing some major painting in our downstairs area.. that will be a nice fresh outlook when it is all done. :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Wash down walls, scrub baseboards, thoroughly clean ceiling fans, vents, light fixtures, declutter/reorganize bathroom cabinets and linen closet shelves (plus any other that strike my fancy!), swap/organize kids clothing bins, wash windows inside and out. I think that's it! :)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I like to go all out and get it done. We wipe down the walls and all the trim, do the windows and repair screens if needed. We clean the vents, lights. fans ,etc.I buff the entire house, and we have nothing but wood throughout, except one bathroom.I do a complete kitchen clean- cabinets, oven, fridge, freezer.We sort through and organize the clothes,Steam clean certain pieces of furniture. Clean the drapes.I hire a woman to come in and help. Once we get going, I've got to keep going.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Nothing. It's not my house. I was only asked to clean up after my family and I do that on a daily basis. There are a total of 10 people in this house (they're a classic portugese family) and everyone cleans so I think spring cleaning is obsolete here.

BUT when we move I'm going to make the effort to keep things in order (which really means that I wont until I get into a bad mood-- then I turn into the cleaning nazi). We'll have to see. Haha!

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
well today i magic erasered the doors (which we yucky) i usually clean and re seal the deck. do my semi annual closet swap out and haul some junk to goodwill (i do that every month though) i will probably wash some window treatments, give the hardwood a good clean and coat, i vepower washed the front porch and we will clear out weeds and junk from the yard and steam clean the sofa.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
We really do not do a spring cleaning. It is all done as the year goes by. Ceiling fans, baseboards and windows are done on a monthly basis. The walls are done pretty much all of the time, someone almost always has a cleaning rag wiping off counters and door handles so we just hit the walls here and there as well. My cabinets and drawers get wiped out frequently. We move the washer, dryer, fridge and stove a few times a year and clean out behind/under/around them.

The only thing we dospecifically in the spring is set the pool up. Getting the chemicals balanced, vacuuming out the winter build up of leaves, etc.... It takes a good week or so. We have been working on it for two weeks now, but the rain has slowed us down. As soon as it is ready, the kids will be diving in. They are usually in it before now.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I am a clean freak, so not much really to do for spring cleaning. I do have hubby pull out the stove, fridge, washer and dryer so I can clean behind and under those. Other than that it is just packing up winter stuff and bringing out spring and summer stuff.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts