Frugal Village Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
new year's

We are pretty much like you all.........stay home, watch movies, nap, play games, watch the ball drop--about 10 am I make all kinds of munchies and we graze all day. Meatballs, stuffed mushrooms, shrimp, goop, sparkling juice, dips, etc.........it is my favorite day of the year, the kids too, they are already requesting foods.:pepsi:

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Usually we stay home...I don't like New Years eve..If church friends are having a get together to play games, we will go to that, but everyone tries to leave around ten so we can get home safely...too many drunk drivers on the road

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
We do a little party at home. We have foods that the boys choose and we rent some movies. They decided that nachos with all the fixings are and sparkling apple cider are "party foods". We stop the movie right about midnight to watch the ball drop and then we finish watching the movie and go to bed. It isn't exciting, but the boys think that it is the greatest.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I refuse to drive on New Years Eve with my daughter in the car (not because of me but other drivers). So we walk 2 houses down to the neighbors (we live in a court) and bring some food and some sparkling apple cider for the kids and play board games while the kids play in the playroom.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
DH and I go to a clean and sober dance then come home early around 11pm or so, have a snack and watch the ball drop then go to bed.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
We go to a friend's house in Baltimore. We have done it for that last 4 years. They live in a cul-de-sac, and a bunch of the neighbors get together and party. Lots of good food. The kids all run around from house to house. We have a blast. If it is not too cold, we have a fire.

·
Registered
660 Posts
We will probably be spending the new years with friends, playing games and having a good dinner. Woot woot!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I'll be home with a few friends eating, playing cards and waiting for the ball to drop.

I remember the two years my son was in Iraq. He called me Iraq time then again my time for New Years. Those were special calls for me.

New Years Day I'll be fixing Corned Beef and Cabbage for family and friends.

New Years is my favorite day of the year.

·
Registered
742 Posts
We will probably either stay home or go to a party at church this year.
Even though New Years Eve is our wedding anniversary, we usually stay home or visit our family. Last year, my folks took us out to really nice restaurant and then we came back to their place and rang in the new year.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
New Year's Eve lost its charm for me when I first figured out about time zones. :) Now I just treat it like any other night, and typically go to bed at a normal time (unless I'm having an insomnia attack). Who wants to start the new year tired, after all?

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Most of the time we stay home and celebrate. At midnight we get the Harley out and take it for a New Year ride. Loud pipes are better noise makers.We aren't drinkers so we could care less about going out, and unless we go to a friends house and play cards we just stay at home, much cheaper and safer. Besides at our ages a couple of drinks put me out early.

Cat

·
Registered
900 Posts
We play games, eat lots of appetizers(make them in place of dinner), and watch the ball drop if some of us haven't knocked off by then....lol.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts