Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FV Buddy aka KathiBob
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess we all change a lot with age. I feel some things about myself have actually gotten better with age. I don't worry about things as much as I used to. I guess I have figured out that some things will work themselves out. I think basically, I am just more relaxed and mellow. How about you? How have you changed with age? What is more positive about you now?

·
Registered
611 Posts
I think at 45, I'm just starting to go thru this. I have started to evaluate the person that I was, versus where I would like to be in the future.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
I think there area couple of things that have changed since I've gotten older. One has got to be I have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more patience that I did when I was younger. I find it so much easier to raise our 3 youngest children than I did the older ones.

The second one and it has got to be the biggest, is I've learnt how to live simply, to be happy with what I have and to take each moment has if it was my last. To totally enjoy the present and not be concerned about yesterday or what might happen tomorrow.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
I like myself better now too. I was always way to worried about the house to take time to enjoy life. I did cherish raising my children but now that they are all grown and on their own, I do like having time for myself. I like being able to have a bit more "disposable" income (if you can call it that) and I like being able to cater to dh's needs and wants a bit more (he doesn't mind that part either!).

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I am satisfied with who I have become.... I no longer worry about how others will see me... Life is not as hurried now and I can enjoy the youngest two still at home more than I was able to with the older boys....

·
DebbieBob
1,692 Posts
I like the fact I am much healthier now. I use to weigh 250 lbs wearing size 26, Now I am 125 wearing a 7 and the dr says my cholesterol, sugar, and blood pressure are all down.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Ok Debbie, not fair. I saw a size 7 when I was 12. lol I'm very happy for you.:)

I like that I have more patience and I like that I have more time to be creative and make things instead of buying them. I like that I am a better listener than I used to be and I like that I am more comfortable in crowds and around people.

I also like that I have finally learned to pick and choose my friends and who I spend my time with as opposed to hanging around people who drag me down or don't contribute to a better way of life for me and my family.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts