Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went to a city employee dinner last Saturday night. DH usually wears jeans and a flannel shirt of a polo, but he came out dressed in black on black. My jaw hit the floor--he looked sooo good I couldn't believe it. DH has a silver (close cropped) beard and what's left of his hair is silver. Think a younger version of Sean Connery.

Any way, I got to thinking: what does your DH/SO wear and what is your favorite of these?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
My husband is "cowboy to the core" :D

Starched Wranglers, dress shirt and the cowboy hat does it for me every time!!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Right now I'm not attached but....
when I go out with a so/bf to dinner, especially on a weekend night, I like to see him dress up a little bit. I prefer khaki pants, but even if it's jeans, I like guys to wear a nice sweater or button front shirt, tucked in of course, with a nice belt and 'good tenis shoes' (not work shoes) or casual shoes or boots.

The group of friends that I currently hang out with (they're my ex-bf's family - yeah, we still get along), dress is always an issue because with them, anything goes....ripped jeans, stained clothes, work shoes...this is for the guys, gals and kids. I've gone into restaurants where I've had to 'slink' around in embarrassment by what they've worn out. I can go casual, but I know to comb my hair before I go and not to wear t-shirts with sexual/vulgar words and pics. They're nice people, just definitely need a lesson in appropriate dress. I don't know how many fights me and ex-bf had on this subject!!!!

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
My dh is a casual kinda guy and I like it that way! Jeans and a flannel or a polo-type shirt is just fine with me. :D

·
Registered
724 Posts
DH is a casual sort of guy, too. My favourite is when he wears his jeans and a T-shirt with the sleeve rolled up a bit to show off his arms (he's got great arms!)
Oh, yeah, as well, when he wears his combats when he goes to work. I love a man in uniform!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Well first you gotta love a man in unifrom...Ill have to post one of my husband later..

When we are going out to dinner I love him in fitted jeans and a button up

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
My Dh is a biker all the way! So, it's ripped jeans or black jeans, and black shirts!

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Philip has to dress up for his work at church, nice pants, collared shirt, tie, etc. I like him like that. :D I also like him in jeans and a sweater or shorts and t-shirt, o.k I' pretty much like him in anything. :toothy: I really like it when he's dressed WAY up, like a tux, but that's usually only when he's in someone's wedding.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I like my DH in anything, but when he was in his brothers wedding, he wore a tux and it blew my mind... I also like seeing him (in photos), in his dress blues from the Coast Guard.;) He usually is always dressed nice. He only wears sweats/t-shirts at home and only wears Levi 501 jeans....

·
Registered
733 Posts
DH works in a office so he usually wears kakis and a button up shirt. On the weekends he is in jeans and a sweater or t-shirt.
When he goes to NYC for meetings he wears a suit and tie. He HATES:toothy: the tie. He puts it on before he walks in the meeting and takes it off when he walks out the door

1 - 11 of 11 Posts