Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ours is now $1200.00 per year. Thats ridiculous considering we have not had any accidents or speeding tickets in years and years.

What do you pay for your vehicle?

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
We're paying a small fortune! For dh, me and one of our teenage dsons ( the youngest teen still has his learning permit) we pay $275 a month. :eek: It's really going to be high,when youngest ds gets his liscence.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
$1596/yr for 2 cars

·
27,948 Posts
Let's see~this is per year & no accidents or tickets. (thank goodness)
Jacks truck~$260 (hardly ever gets driven)
My car~$650
Nicole~$840
Mark~$1600 (this is after many discounts):rolleyes:
Now that they are working the kids are in charge of paying their own. Mark just took a defensive driving coarse to get his lowered some more. Being a good student reduced his premium buy $480 for a year. Those with teenage boys getting ready to drive check into all you can do to lower those premiums, they are killers as you can see.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
I'm aware of the good student discount and the defensive driving discount, does anyone know of any other ways to save on insurance for teen drivers? We have no at fault accidents and no tickets, but it's still very high. :(

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
I think ours is around $1000-$1100 a year for both cars.

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
$1343/yr. for two vehicles. We get a small discount because we also have our homeowner's ins. with the same company plus we get discounts for having low mileage vehicles, passive restraints (air bags), antilock brakes, and anti-theft device.

We're having to track our mileage right now. :( Because we moved 3 months ago, it set off a red flag on our account (no matter that it was a local move). They no longer believe we have low mileage vehicles and are threatening to raise our rates. We are having to record our weekly mileage for so many weeks to prove to them that they are still low mileage.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Have you talked to your agent about raising your deductible? Higher deductibles normally mean a lower premium.

We pay $800 a year for 2 cars.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd love to have a higher deductible, but where we are there are many road kills (deer). With the deductible we have right now, when were hit or we hit a deer, we don't have to pay any deductible. So far, we've been fortunate but few people have been that fortunate where we live.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
We pay $200 a month. Dh and I are the only drivers, and we only have 2 vehicles. We're with Geico.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
2,340 a year on a 1995 dodge truck, and a 2000 dodge, we have 1 18yr dd. On the car we still carry collision and the truck is just liability. We do have glass and theft on both and we are safe drivers. I also have a 17 yr old starting drivers ed this year......scary isn't it?

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
We pay $1483.20 for one vehicle.

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
We pay about . $1308 for 2 1999 vehicles ..we have state farm.

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
Let's see:

4 vehicles, 2 young male drivers, no tickets, no accidents (none reported at least, not sure why the police didn't report my son's rollover, but I'm thankful).

We pay $1500/yr. My car is full coverage as it's not paid in full yet, and I drive over 50 miles to work.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Sushine, who is your insurance provider? I feel as if it is time to shop around. I have Allstate now, honor students, drivers ed, save drivers the whole nine yards. And also do you go through an independent insurance provider? I would like to keep my car and home insurance with the same company.

·
Registered
121 Posts
We pay $1380/yr ($115 per month) for full coverage on a 2001 Chevy siverado and a 1997 Nissan Quest. We go through Farmers Insurance.

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
pkellyc said:
Sushine, who is your insurance provider? I feel as if it is time to shop around. I have Allstate now, honor students, drivers ed, save drivers the whole nine yards. And also do you go through an independent insurance provider? I would like to keep my car and home insurance with the same company.
I thought I had answered this-- our home, auto, farm insurance all goes through Country Companies. We belong to the Farm Bureura (sp?) and get a bit of a discount on our insurance.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
We pay $1000 a year for full coverage on 1 car and liability on another. We have good rates and (thankfully) they have a first claim forgiveness where your insurance won't go up with a first claim.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
We pay $1800 a year for 3 cars and 1 trailer.......our insurance will go up in March of next year when dd gets her drivers license and it will go up about $800 for the year, we were told it could go up as much as $1200 just to add dd!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.