Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I went to a meat market today and bought a huge pork roast for a $1.79 a pound x4 .Plus bought a pot roast for $1.79 a pound 5 pounds. I thought it was a great price so io got the largest ones they had. They had huge slabs of spare ribs for $1.99 pound so i got a few slabs.(for fathers day). I also got a 10LB bag for fries for $4.99.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Wow, you really got some great prices on meat! :teddy2: I usually pay about $3.79 on sale!

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
That is the price I tend to pay for pork

I just bought beef roast for $4.69 a pound but it was buy one get one so average of $2.35 a pound.

Good job on the good deals

·
Registered
71 Posts
We have a discount meat market near us and I often get Pork butt roast 99 cents a pound. Pork steaks the same. Pork loin usually 1.75 or 1.99 a pound. He had his sale once a week on Wen. My goodness the lines but the meat is fresh and cheap. I bought a prime rib for 3.00 a pound. You never know what he is going to have on sale but it is always something good. Pot Roast usually under 2.00 a pound. Ribs last week were a dollar a pound but usually about 1.99 a pound. You can't beat it. I stock up like crazy when he has something we like on sale. He usually runs in cycles. Pork one week, beef the next, chicken all the time. Never over a dollar a pound usually 66 cents. Diane oh for those from MI its the Romulus Market in of course Romulus.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
We have a discount meat market near us and I often get Pork butt roast 99 cents a pound. Pork steaks the same. Pork loin usually 1.75 or 1.99 a pound. He had his sale once a week on Wen. My goodness the lines but the meat is fresh and cheap. I bought a prime rib for 3.00 a pound. You never know what he is going to have on sale but it is always something good. Pot Roast usually under 2.00 a pound. Ribs last week were a dollar a pound but usually about 1.99 a pound. You can't beat it. I stock up like crazy when he has something we like on sale. He usually runs in cycles. Pork one week, beef the next, chicken all the time. Never over a dollar a pound usually 66 cents. Diane oh for those from MI its the Romulus Market in of course Romulus.
Wow! You've got yourself a great market there! Prime rib $3 and ribs $.99? That unheard of these days. Good for you! :clown2:

As for here in Central FL, Publix has Pork Loins on sale $1.99 lb. Last week was Bottom Round roasts for the same. I get a big amt. of the beef, then have them custom cut into ground, chunks, stir fry strips, this sandwich steaks, etc. Gonna get about 14lbs. of the loins too, and ask them to cut me butterfly chops and stir fry strips. Got drums and thighs at Albertson's 2 weeks ago at $.88lb. Was $.77the following week. I have to say the meat prices are the best in months :) I'm still watching for the ribs to go on sale too. Hopefully over the next 2 weeks.

Theresa :)

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Don't eat pork much. Roast beef lunchmeat was $8.99 on sale/no sale.
We buy Texas Broil steaks and marinate them. $3.49ish a # but bo/go so $1.75#. We only buy clearance meat so it's hard to say. I buy all I can get and freeze it. You just have to use it right away once it's defrosted. So not a prob. w/ teenagers.

·
8,714 Posts
~You got great deals! I pay no more than $2lb for boneless pork loin. I'm very particular about my beef roasts; I'll only buy eye round at $3lb or less(1/2 price).~

1 - 8 of 8 Posts