Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have been wanting to have a yard sale for some time but haven't gotten around to it. What do you think about having a yard sale on Black Friday? Would anyone come??

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
I have a had time imagining if people would come as yard sale season ends here in August because of the weather.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I really doubt you'd get much business. People seem to be doing one of two things on Black Friday: either hunting for deals or hiding away in their homes. I'd have it earlier if at all possible.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Well, whenever I read about so-called "yard sale rules", they almost all mention not having one during the same time as a special event. I'm gonna guess and call BF a special event because so many people plan that day out way in advance. However, if you DO live where the weather is good, and you have merchandise that would also make good gifts (tools, toys, etc), it might be good having it the weekend before BF. If it's applicable, I'd advertise in a way to get x-mas shoppers attention. Like maybe say "Shop Here 1st, Have Lots of Like New Goodies"....I'm sure you get the idea.

Theresa :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
I believe like most that BF is an awesome shopping day , personally I stay in the house because I hate the crowds.
Maybe you can have a sale the week after and post it as a last minute shopping place.
Good-luck with whatever you choose

·
Registered
904 Posts
I don't know, on one hand most folks will be out and about and in a spending mood. Of course on the other hand they may just want to get to the mall buy what they need and get home.

Let us know how it goes if you have one.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
i think most people have their $ earmarked for certain items around that time so may not even want to spend a few $ on something else - but thats just me.

i can do black friday shopping from my computer chair to for some deals so some people never even go out !

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I don't think in my area it would happen. Living in Illinois it's either snow flurries or bitter cold.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I may try to have it the weekend before.
I live in the south, so with the exception of the cold snap we are having right now, typically the temps should be around 70 for the high. I have to see how much stuff I can get together before then. More to come.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.