Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,
Would you like to go shopping in places where coupons are available? It feels normal to go shopping in such places, but why are there still people who can look at me with scorn, are there really things they can't understand or are there too many? money should be despised! How do people feel about this action?
Let's talk about our problems together!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I rarely use coupons, primarily because most places I go to don't have them. If a company mails one, or I can find one online to print out, and it's worth the effort, I'll get one. Krogers mails out coupons for items I use, so I'll use them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I rarely use coupons, primarily because most places I go to don't have them. If a company mails one, or I can find one online to print out, and it's worth the effort, I'll get one. Krogers mails out coupons for items I use, so I'll use them.
Thanks for your opinion, you are probably also a pretty comfortable person to spend money.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I do not use vouchers because they are only available for things that I would not buy with a lot of discounts.
Vouchers are there to lure customers into the store and to buy (even more) things that you don't need.

·
Registered
334 Posts
i will only use a coupon if I was already buying the item, AND the coupon actually makes it a good deal AND it applies where I already shop. e.g. right now I am using hardware store bonus coupons because it is 5$ off whatever I buy and I can compare prices online or over the phone before I buy rather than spend gas driving around comparing prices. I have a list of things I need (canning lids, sand paper disks) so when I get a bonus coupon, I use it on those.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I think a good rule of thumb is would you buy it if the discounted price was the everyday price.

For example, say a grocery item is normally $4 but you have a coupon for 50 cents off, so it costs $3.50. If the everyday price was $3.50, would you buy it for $3.50.

Don't compare the discount cost to the regular cost. Compare it to what other items you might get with that money. A pricey brand may still be more expensive even with a coupon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts