Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you use stick-ups, or plug-ins, or something of the sort?

Do you boil some stuff on the stove (fruit peels, etc)

What do you use for closets, drawers, etc. to make everything smellin' pretty?

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Ok can't say much for the rest of the house(trying real hard to get rid of the dirty diaper smell)lol(but he keeps getting dirty diapersLMAO)but for the closets and drawers I use dryer sheets,i love the bounce that smells like gain.

·
FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob
2,161 Posts
I keep those pretty smelling guest soaps and bath salts that I always get samples or gifts of, in drawers and in the linen closet, especially sandelwood since it just smells clean. During the holidays I will boil spices, but otherwise, the occasional candle and were ok.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
During the winter, I use my potpourri pot alot. I also put fabric softner sheets in the baskets hanging from my beams in the kitchen/familyroom. Cinnamon pinecones are also great!:D

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Well usually nothing, but today DD#2 (1yr.) got my purfume open,and spilled, and the house smells like a purfume factory. Good thing it was a freebie! :D

·
Registered
466 Posts
I've been known to clip dryer sheets to my ceiling fan with clothespins. It works great! :D

I also sprinkle baking soda over the carpet twice a week, let it sit for about 5 minutes to absorb odors, then vacuum.

I had a potpourri Crock-Pot, but it boiled dry and cracked. :( So now I just simmer orange or apple juice with spices (cloves, cinnamon, allspice) with a little water in a small saucepan on the stove. :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Personely, I love the smell of fresh air ...so I always open the windows in the morning regardless how cold it can be ...just for few minutes and the whole room will feel crisp and fresh. I use glad plugins in the bathroom...I close the door always to trap the smell [ Got lots for free with coupons ]. I also put soap between layers of clothes and linens to make them smell fresh and nice. I use dryer sheets in the coats closet near the door . I also love Arm & hammer carpet powder....I use it if am expecting company. For the drain and the disposel I use lemon and orange peels and grind it inside to refresh the smell. I also like febreeze a lot..I use it occasionally on pillows and cushions.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I use Yankee candles and room refresher spray. When it's nice out I open the windows for the fresh air smell :)

·
Registered
916 Posts
We use plug-ins in the winter. We use the cinnamon apple kind from Oct-Dec and switch to the citrus kind from Jan-April. The rest of the year we open the windows.

In the bathroom we have a few candles. When dh is in there he lights 3 or 4 :eek: It's not pretty folks.

Gina, I do the baking soda on the carpet thing too.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
:bump: :bump: :bump:

Alot of what you ladies do too......candles (I love candles), simmering orange/lemon peel and cinnamon sticks, small soaps in drawers, scented drawer liners in dressers, scented room spray and best of all this time of year...........opening the window and getting fresh spring air!!!!!:smball:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yankee candles - especially a large hazelnut coffee one that I like to keep burning in the kitchen when I'm home. Used dryer sheets go in the drawers with the clothes, and I sprinkle the carpets with a carpet freshener that I get at the dollar store.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Candles, candles, candles and more candles. I love 'em. I use Dreamers candles and Yankee candles. I love the apple scented ones, Dreamer's has a scent called Kindred Spirits that smells just like freshly cut apples, it is heavenly.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
My oldest ds burns incense in his room. Sandelwood and musk smell pretty good. Now, if I could just get rid of the fireplace smell somehow.....

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I simmer spices and fruit pieces on the stove, I make my own simmering potpourri....... I love to burn incense, sandalwood is my fav....

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I use Yankee candles/Yankee Tarts. I also burn incense sometimes and so does my son. I also try to bake bread and different cakes through out the week,so I have a good smell and food.:chef2:
Jeanna

·
Registered
895 Posts
I like to burn candles scented with English Mulberry. YUMMY! I also air the house out daily. I don't like the house to get stuffy. :(

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I burn candles, and use my potpourri crock (that's my fav).

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
I burn candles, and when it's nice out, leave all the doors and windows open.

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
Another candle fan here! I love the baked apple pie scent from Home Interiors and the Cucumber Melon scent from Gold Canyon Candles.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts