Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
For my mothers medicaid nightmare to be over her nursing home stay has consumed the last three years of my life Im tired of handling this stuff I just want it to stop

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Peace on Earth Goodwill toward men.

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
For my friend who owns the animal rescue center to win the lottery - so she can build a big facility and hire a boatload of people to help her do the job of 10, that she is currently doing alone with a few scattered volunteers here and there...

I just came from bottle feeding 4 baby goats born 3 days ago - their mama died after giving birth. They are so dang cute! And act like little kittens. They want to be held & petted & talked to.... and this is not something that my friend has the extra time to do with all the demands of the other rescue animals on her.

And just for the record - parents: these are off-spring of goats that were former 4-H projects -that after the fair was over, the kids no longer wanted the goats. They only wanted the ribbons for the projects. Now the goats are living in a rescue center 'coz no one else was going to take them. Don't let your kids adopt animals unless they are ready to care for them for the long haul ~ please.....

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
For my friend who owns the animal rescue center to win the lottery - so she can build a big facility and hire a boatload of people to help her do the job of 10, that she is currently doing alone with a few scattered volunteers here and there...

I just came from bottle feeding 4 baby goats born 3 days ago - their mama died after giving birth. They are so dang cute! And act like little kittens. They want to be held & petted & talked to.... and this is not something that my friend has the extra time to do with all the demands of the other rescue animals on her.

And just for the record - parents: these are off-spring of goats that were former 4-H projects -that after the fair was over, the kids no longer wanted the goats. They only wanted the ribbons for the projects. Now the goats are living in a rescue center 'coz no one else was going to take them. Don't let your kids adopt animals unless they are ready to care for them for the long haul ~ please.....
There would be tons of people/children here in my neck of the woods offering to take the kids (when they are big enough maybe even take them home and bottle feed them) and give them a good home. I think you can even buy the baby goat formula at the local farm and ranch store in town.

I hope the kids find a happy forever home.

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
oh well I wished close enough to volunteer with the baby goats..they are so sweet....I love them had some many years ago...would come when I called them lol..

I answered this awhile back and said I wanted some new boots and bath and body lotion and I already have that now.. I miss my Christmas decorations I hope to get some of them replaced.... I really miss my snowmen and angels I had 1 of each in every room.. and my tree looks bare with my decorations..esp. my Thomas Kincaid and Frosty....

will try to have some cash set aside after Christmas to do some clearance shopping....

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
There would be tons of people/children here in my neck of the woods offering to take the kids (when they are big enough maybe even take them home and bottle feed them) and give them a good home. I think you can even buy the baby goat formula at the local farm and ranch store in town.

I hope the kids find a happy forever home.
I wish we had that kind of support here.

She keeps on getting more and more goats year after year. She is up to about 30 of them now. The majority of them seem to come in pregnant. And she is extremely selective as to where they get adopted out, because she is terrified that people just want them to eat.

We can get the goats milk at the vet and they are eating well at least. We tried to put them with another mama who only had 1 baby, but she was disinterested in the whole 'adoption process'.... ~ hmph! - I was going to take tonight's shift, but luckily a nightowl volunteered. I get tomorrow's now... give me your address ~ we'll mail you some - hahahaha......

·
Registered
469 Posts
So sad about the goats. I had no idea that was going on. . . Don't racetrack barns like keeping goats to calm the horses? Maybe that would be a source to adopt to.

For Christmas, I want a second pair of reading glasses (I keep breaking mine. . . or I should say a certain parrot keeps breaking mine) and some of my favorite perfume.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
DH keeps asking me this. I can't seem to think of anything. I've told him a few things: new glasses, runners, winter jacket etc but he keeps telling me that those are 'needs' not 'wants'. I *want* what I need is that wrong? :ponder: Plus these are things that I do truly need but not right this very moment. I'm trying to get rid of 'stuff' not accumulate more...you'd think he'd appreciate that fact since he's tired of running into my clutter everywhere? :drama:

BTW: The fantasy wants aren't doable so why even mention them - KWIM?

For the fun of this thread - I'd like to lose 30 lb's too, have better health AND go on a cruise to Alaska after returning from my month long beach trip in Bali. All w/o having to bring dad - as much as I love him - nor have to worry about him. ;)

·
Registered
9,304 Posts
I'd like to be free of my chronic pain. Going through a particularly bad flare up right now, brought on by the food poisoning last week.

I'd like my friend to be free of her stage 4 cancer.

I want it to rain this winter. 2012 has turned out to be dryer than it was at the height of the Dust Bowl.

Right now I don't have any major desires for "stuff". A little marzipan in my stocking might be nice. :)

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
BTW: The fantasy wants aren't doable so why even mention them - KWIM?
I know what you mean? I don't even want to wish for a simple want. It seems pointless.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
What I really want isn't in the budget right now. We'll get there, eventually.

I'm also of the "please no more things!" camp. Take me out to dinner. Let's stay over-night in a town three hours away. Let's take a family vacation. Let's do a family date night to the theater or a concert. I'd love that.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
powdered goat milk is very pricey! around here all goats that are FFA or 4-h projects are sold at the show auction.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I want a new upright stationary bike so I can lose all this baby weight (you know once she actually comes out ;) ).

Reactions: oheoh's momma

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I want my dh to make me a apple press & a smoker..I found all the info at motherearthnews online site.

I also want the Kitchenaid pasta attachment..I already have a set of pasta attachments.. But I would like the new set that has the regular spaghetti,small & large elbow,rigatoni so I can make all my pasta from scratch.

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
powdered goat milk is very pricey! around here all goats that are FFA or 4-h projects are sold at the show auction.
I know - $60 for a little package (don't really know how much it makes) but it sure doesn't look like a very big box to me.

We had 2 more born this morning. And now the mother has rejected one of them. She would not clean it up (an all black beautiful little girl)- I held her for awhile and coaxed her to drink a little. I yelled at her mother (who did nothing but give me a stupid blank look- haha) - We even held the mother and tried to get the baby to nurse to no avail. So by tonight if she is still rejected we will bathe her and put her with the other 4 orphans. Say a little prayer that she makes it, please!

And after breaking up a 5 way dog fight earlier, when we had a catastrophe with a couple of the pens - I so want to revise my X-mas wish.
It does NOT have to be a lottery win... Just ANYTHING that would allow us to create a safer environment for these animals than what we have to deal with now -due to a limited budget and a high supply of homeless and unwanted animals.

I wish for a benefactor with deep pockets and an even deeper love of animals to appear out of nowhere, and want to help us secure a better facility and an endless buffet of yummy foods for the helpless creatures....

That's my wish....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts