Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you attend service on Easter Sunday do you dress up more than you normally would to church? I know a lot of people get all dressed up.

I'm going to a church with one of my girlfriends this Sunday to a church neither of us have been to before. Both of our husbands are deployed and she didn't want to go along so I said I would go with her. She called today to find out what time their service starts and they informed her that they are serving breakfast! Not a good thing to inform to pregnant women that you are serving an all you can eat breakfast!! :D Anyway - now I'm off topic......so do you dress up in your Sunday best for the Easter service?

I'm going to go and find something at the mall tomorrow. Nothing is fitting me in this ever growing belly.

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
When I was little my mom or grandmothers would take me shopping for a new Easter dress......everyone needed a new outfit for Easter :)

Over the past years I just wore what ever I already had in my closet.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
I dress up more than usual-- on a regular Sunday I'll often wear slacks and a sweater, or a casual (denium) type dress, but for Easter I always wear a nice dress. I actually bought myself a new one today for the first time in ages-- a cotton printed dress from WalMart. Nothing fancy, but, it looks nicer than my usual stuff.

DD will wear a new dress-- she has other dresses, but, I feel like she needs a special new dress for Easter. We always got a new dress at Easter as kids, so I guess I'll continue that tradition with her.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Ryan has a new dress and cardigan and I have a new from Goodwill dress and jacket. Our church is very laid back on the clothing but most people do dress up a bit more for Easter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts