Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cat really loves sticks. She has a basket full of different toys to play with. Right now her favorite is a plastic fork. Yup, she will grab it in her mouth and run and drop it. Fun to watch.

So what does your pet like to play with.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
So what does your pet like to play with.
My NERVES mostly....................(that is Muff only)

Oreo is NOT a player..........used to play with Muff but think she got too rough for him and he quit. (THAT girl plays to WIN........not to have fun!!)

He does bring a toy up on my lap, but that is the only time he will even mess with any of them. Just can't come sit w/o his toy!! He is a big time BONE CHEWER.........he will chew the same bone all summer if nothing else new comes along. The reason I don't mind buying the 'marrow bones' for them.........but he only gets them outside!

Muff only plays with a tennis ball............outside. (I won't let her have it in the house)

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
I have one that likes bubble wrap. The other one will chase strings or ribbon, and play with soft catnip toys. She used to like the laser pointer but it hasn't interested her in a long time.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Zeus and Betsy, my dogs, LOVE tennis balls. We get them for free. Hubby walks them up to the park and there are tennis balls all over the place. Zeus is like a kid hunting easter eggs!

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
The dogs have kongs w/ cookies inside. The 2 new ones are very strong jawed and break any ball or bone.

The cats like corn husks,grapes,crumpled paper and give blankets a whatfor. At christmas nip mice. My outside going cat plays w/ voles.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Brittany, my one eyed Pekinese, is either 10 or 11. Can't remember. She doesn't play alot anymore but she likes to chew on her "babies". Her babies are stuffed animals. You can tell her to get bitty baby and she'll go get the McDonalds toy. Tell her to get Turtle baby and she'll get it. She has about 8? and knows each one by name. She likes for you to try to take it away so she can growl.
She also likes empty toilet paper rolls. She digs them out of the trash in the bathroom and eats them.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Our cat is getting too lazy to play with anything. She'll occasionally play with the strings that we have hanging from various doorknobs, or some other little things we have laying out for her. Anytime we get a new box, we make sure to leave it out for her for a while.

·
27,948 Posts
Cat loves any bug or small rodent that moves & her catnip. Dog Riley,was a few years old when we got him from the pound & has never played with anything but loves his walks.

·
Registered
286 Posts
My 3 cats are elderly, but love cat nip toys.
My dog is 15 and done with playing.\
My bunny tho is the most playful he has a 9" kids playground ball he runs around the house pushing everynite and also has sticks that he runs around with hanging out of his mouth.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 11 month old kitten, Gracie, is obsessed with the rings that come off of a gallon of milk. She cries for you to throw them. I actually think that she thinks it's her baby and she's saving it. She'll actually hide these rings for safekeeping, like in my DH's shoes. She tried to hide one in the bag the lady who quoted our alarm system had with her!

She also loses her mind when you use the ice dispenser on the fridge. She'll sit there and scream for you to throw a piece of ice. Cute and crazy, all in one package!

·
Registered
672 Posts
My mom's dog LOVES balls. Shes a chihuahua and is small but anything that bounces she goes after. It doesn't matter if it's too big, she'll just paw at it and make it roll. She also loves any stuffed animal and if you have one she thinks it's for her. I had a ferret I was petsitting for once and she thought it was a stuffed animal and wanted it.

My mom also picks up those tiny stuffed animals when they have them at fast food places in happy meals. Her dog loves these and treats them gently like babies. My mom will say "Delilah, go get your baby, she's cold" and she'll run and grab whatever the latest happy meal toy is and bring it back and lay down with it and snuggle.

·
Registered
956 Posts
My DD's dog, Buttons, loves any stuffed animal, and anything that squeaks, she likes to unstuff and desqueak them though. One cat I have is obsessed with straws and balls with the bell inside (must be a bell or he is not interested. All my other pets are too old and/or lazy to want to play with anything lol.

·
Registered
545 Posts
my cocker spaniel Daisy LOVES sqeaky stuffed animals. We call them her "babies."

1 - 14 of 14 Posts