Frugal Village Forums banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
No Jo Ann's here but I'm gonna look at Fabricland. I need about 20 pink or purple buttons in different sizes/shapes.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Nice things! I particularly like the wrist warmers.

May I make one observation regarding knitted slippers for an older neighbor? I have a pair made by a friend and coincidentally, got them out this AM. They are extremely slippery on the bottom on the tile floors so I don't think I will continue using them for that reason. We "olders" don't want to risk a broken hip. Now if you can come up with an idea for something to slip-proof them, that would be great because they are definitely warm.
Fabric puffy paint in designs on the soles.

·
Registered
636 Posts
What? Purple? I thought we were looking for blue!

Anyway, out of probably a thousand buttons, all I found:

1 - 1 mm pale pink
1 - 1 1/4 mm pale but brighter pink
1 - 0.8 mm hot pink
1 - 2.5 mm bright pink
1 - 1 1/4 pinkish red

I pulled out some blue, but they were all dark navy except one pale blue. I don't recall seeing but 1-2 purples. I don't think these would do what you want. I looked online at Michaels but there bagged buttons are mixed colors.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Fabric puffy paint in designs on the soles.
Is this something I could add to the bottom of my knitted slippers? There is no sole, per se. They're more like a sock but knitted in the style similar to a ballet slipper.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Nice things! I particularly like the wrist warmers.

May I make one observation regarding knitted slippers for an older neighbor? I have a pair made by a friend and coincidentally, got them out this AM. They are extremely slippery on the bottom on the tile floors so I don't think I will continue using them for that reason. We "olders" don't want to risk a broken hip. Now if you can come up with an idea for something to slip-proof them, that would be great because they are definitely warm.

Thank you for that thought. I don't think that will be a concern for this particular neighbor--mostly carpeted floors and in the winter he bundles up. My guess is that he will sleep in them. I'll ask hubs and see what he thinks, he is the one that spends the most time with neighbor.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I had to reread my post, but I did say pink and purple. Lol thanks for looking.

I was at michaels and got a big thing of mixed buttons, but there was not enough variety in the individual colors to make what I want. I'll keep looking at the fabric stores.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I had to reread my post, but I did say pink and purple. Lol thanks for looking.

I was at michaels and got a big thing of mixed buttons, but there was not enough variety in the individual colors to make what I want. I'll keep looking at the fabric stores.
I know. I reread it, too. (rolling my eyes) In fact, you said purple twice! I've been trying to figure out a way I could claim color blindness instead of inability to read. :lol:

Reactions: valerian

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Is this something I could add to the bottom of my knitted slippers? There is no sole, per se. They're more like a sock but knitted in the style similar to a ballet slipper.

Sure just add the puffy paint on the bottom where the slipper meets the floor. Dots, stripes, zig zags, etc. work well.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Thanks, sunshine. I'll see about doing that. They are really warm slippers but a bit too dangerous to wear, as is.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Well Im planning to finish the rest of the fabric with mini-teddybears (to donate to charity), now I just need to find the motivation lol.

Reactions: MoneySavinDiva

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
A photo holder made from wood for my MIL. Perhaps an elephant picture made from buttons for my niece...but i need to find more buttons. Cookies, muffins, biscuits and squares for a bunch of people.

I had more ideas, but not enough time! Maybe next year.
I have a little boy that absolutely loves elephants...can you post a picture of what you are making? It sounds really cute:)

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
We make bread for the neighbors. This year, I'll also be making a basic butter cookie dough and including with it measured amounts to turn it into other cookies. (chocolate chips, etc.) They can freeze the dough/fixings or not. I like this idea because I can do a lot of hte work in advance and much of it is just putting measured amounts of things in plastic bags;very low stress!

Judi

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Was thinking of having Sophie paint with fabric paint on plain aprons for the grandmas...doing some seashell picture frames...

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Was thinking of having Sophie paint with fabric paint on plain aprons for the grandmas...doing some seashell picture frames...
Sophia is Kindergarten age right?

Have you thought about footprint and hand print reindeer on the apron.

I made these with the kids when I taught pre school. and I made some on hand( tea towels) for grandparents when my oldest was 2 or 3.
Like this only I used brown for the head, black paint for the antlers red paint for the nose ( used a thumb print for the nose) and I put the hand prints more over the toes instead of showing the toes.

Hand and Footprint Reindeer Tshirt : Factory Direct Craft Blog

It was lots of fun and the grandparents thought it was neat. I still have mine in the Christmas decorations.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Nadders, that elephant is just too darn cute!

I am posting the pic/website on Pinterest. Just too cute to ignore. Thanks

·
Registered
694 Posts
I hope I can make one as cute as hers! My sil has an elephant obsession which has migrated into my nieces room. Though it would be cute for her birthday, which is December 24.

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
nadders that is adorable.......I am making homemade cookie dough, and a cross with the words Amazing Grace..

I would love to make those make those dish towel pot holder angels I seen at the festival.....they were adorable.

hopefully I am going to make one or two of those twig candle holders...we will see how it goes....

21 - 40 of 64 Posts