Frugal Village Forums banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Nadders, a great place to score buttons for a decent price is at the thrift store. Buy old shirts or dresses with buttons the color you need--I do this on the sale days, or shop the $0.25 sale racks.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Thrift store! Gonna look, thanks

Dh just dyed something..super easy. I'm gonna see how many white buttons I have. Thanks!

·
2,688 Posts
I just did a google search for how to dye buttons.
I have a lot of white ones myself here.
This looks real promising :)
Dyed Buttons | Rit Dye

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
We are going to make both of our DD's each a set of the wooden reindeer for their yards. Of course I will paint them white and provide a big red bow. My oldest dd and her hubby are getting a 8X10 of them and their kids taken when they were camping last fall in the mountains. I will get a nice frame for the pic.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Reactions: Nadders11

·
Registered
694 Posts
That was my back up plan CH. I'm gonna try the thrift store first. I need about 20..... Might try to dye a few, find a few at the Thrift store.

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
I'm thinking dollhouse, it looks pretty simple to build, but I'm sure the furniture will be a frustrating headache. I'm not even sure if my daughter would play with a dollhouse, I half suspect it would really be for me.

Why do I get these ridiculous ideas every year?

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
I'm thinking dollhouse, it looks pretty simple to build, but I'm sure the furniture will be a frustrating headache. I'm not even sure if my daughter would play with a dollhouse, I half suspect it would really be for me.

Why do I get these ridiculous ideas every year?
We made furniture for our doll house of those wooden blocks. Simple glues them together. Two rectangles for seat and back and two squares for the side/arms. lounge chair same as sofa just all squares. Table well you have got the idea.

Have you decided how to make the house? I saw one some made from an old changing table.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am making homemade no-sew fleece scarves for a few female relatives and I think I am going to make some canned apple butter for neighbors/relatives.

I want to make my son a no-sew fleece blanket. I just need to find a nice patterned fleece he likes.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Awesome Job Nadders I am sure your niece will love it.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Nice job nadders. Christmas will be fun.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I am knitting dish clothes and scarfs.
I am making DD a prayer book with prayers from different religions.
My sister just bought a house so I will be painting her something
I always take a picture of DD and me then do something with it and give it in Yule cards
I will be baking cookies, and muffins
I am knitting matching scarfs for DD fav doll so they can match.
I am also putting together for DD a lamented book with people with mental health issues, LD, or a disability with quotes, pictures of the person and what they were such as artist, scientist etc, so when she feels like she is the only one, or when kids call her a freak or stupid she can have a whole list of artist, scientist, etc who had issues and over came them to accomplish something brilliant.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I made some beautiful jewelry as gift this year. I love make jewelry with bead and string, I always learn to make the jewelry from the Internet.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts