Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I build up my stockpile by buying the BEST deal I can get for the week since I have a pretty well stocked pantry/freezer/spice cabinet/HBA I really don't need to shop at all except for milk..But I NEVER pass up a really good deal even if I have alot of whatever it is and I know it won't go bad just because it's just the way I roll....

So this week I'm going to stockpile Ragu Sauce that will cost me .25 each after coupon's..I hope to buy 40 jars or more..

I'm also going to do the CVS deal's which I'm buying 3 pkg's of Charmin Big Roll's 16pk =32 regular roll's for $9.99 each the deal is buy $25.00 on certain product's listed and get back $10.00 in ecb's extra care buck's) I will roll that $10.00 ecb and buy another Charmin Tp..so I will add 4- 16pk' of TP to my stockpile..Another deal is CVS has Dawn dishsoap on sale for .99 I have .75/1 coupons so I will pay .25 each I will buy the limit of 5 then price match at Walmart and add another 5 bottles to my stockpile..

I will update anymore deal's I'm able to get this week..

What are you stocking up on this week?

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
9/12/11 update:

31 lbs of Chicken breast @ .69lb....paid $21.98 (I have never seen the price so low)

4-Charmin Big rolls 16ct=32 regular roll's =128 reg roll's ..paid $32.32

I'm really excited over this deal as I was running low..

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I wish I could get to this point but when most of your diet is fresh produce it's difficult. This week I didn't see anything worth buying more then 4.
I need a good deal on dish soap. My dishwasher is broken and I have a great stockpile of now useless dish washing tablets. We won't be repairing it so I need to switch to stocking dish-soap.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't really buy much in fresh produce..I buy fresh fruit every fews week's...as far as fresh veggies I only buy lettuce,celery,carrots and once every 2 month's a cabbage..All my veggies are either frozen or canned..

I make my own Dawn Dishsoap Foam.. I save soooooo much money this way..

I reuse a empty 13.5oz Dawn dishsoap foam container..

RECIPE:

6 tablespoons of Dawn dishsoap mixed carefully with 2-2/3 cup of cold water and mix gently..I bought the huge bottle of Dawn ($9.98) @ Samsclub last year and I still have 3/4 of a bottle left..I hope this will inspire you to try this recipe..

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I am getting 20 bottles of xtra laundry detergent for 99 cents a piece from CVS...I ordered the coupons...the sale is for $1.49 each, I will have 50 cents off coupons, making them 99cents...I will be set for detergent for a long while!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
$0.47/jug of Clorox bleach
$0.47/tube of 35 sheets - Clorox wipes
$.075/box of Catelli Smart Mac elbows
$0.99/1lb bag baby carrots + B1G1 Free = $0.49/each
$0.99/jumbo english cuc's + B1G1 Free = $0.49/each
$2.99/1kg bag quick oats + B1G1 Free = $1.49/each

I thought those were bargains especially with coupons :)

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am getting 20 bottles of xtra laundry detergent for 99 cents a piece from CVS...I ordered the coupons...the sale is for $1.49 each, I will have 50 cents off coupons, making them 99cents...I will be set for detergent for a long while!

Ecellent deal! Did you know that you only need 3 Tablespoons of detergent? I wish I had known that years ago..I would of saved ton's of money!

First time ever I just last night made Duggar's recipe for laundry detergent..I'm amazed that it will wash 640 loads (I wash every other day or two) for a front loader @1/4 cup each load..that will last me over 2 yrs the cost about $1.50 in total..I only use Tide so this is going to save me hundred's over the years..

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$0.47/jug of Clorox bleach
$0.47/tube of 35 sheets - Clorox wipes
$.075/box of Catelli Smart Mac elbows
$0.99/1lb bag baby carrots + B1G1 Free = $0.49/each
$0.99/jumbo english cuc's + B1G1 Free = $0.49/each
$2.99/1kg bag quick oats + B1G1 Free = $1.49/each

I thought those were bargains especially with coupons :)

I think you definately got one of the best deal's I've seen in a long time..
The last time I got the Clorox Bleach for .50 each was 13yrs ago..
The Clorox wipes I've gotten for .50 each and that was at least 7yrs ago..
1lb Baby carrot's never go less than a $1.00 each
Don't buy cuc's
Not sure what a kg is? but I've gotten Quaker instant oat's in a caninster for .50 each 2 yrs ago..I think those day's are gone now!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Let's see:

* 12 pack minute maid juice .99
* 4 boxes granola bars $1.39 ea
* 2 four packages madarine oranges (use these for lunches when produce sales are lacking....)

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let's see:

* 12 pack minute maid juice .99
* 4 boxes granola bars $1.39 ea
* 2 four packages madarine oranges (use these for lunches when produce sales are lacking....)

Holy smokes! - getting the 12pk of juice that cheap..Details please?
The granola is also a awesome deal! I make mine from scratch..but I bet it isn't as good a deal as what you got your's for!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I'm going to do some cvs deals too going to get the optic whitening toothpaste and the dawn dish soap and maybe the toiletpaper, cambells soup 2/$3 & I have a 40 cent off coupon. Dove candy bars buy 1 get 1 free!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Holy smokes! - getting the 12pk of juice that cheap..Details please?
The granola is also a awesome deal! I make mine from scratch..but I bet it isn't as good a deal as what you got your's for!
Juice was on sale for $2.99 had a $1 off + doubler at Alberstons.
Will use for soccer snack day :)

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I'm going to price match red bell peppers for .59 ea, wm's normal price is 1.78 ea. Want to get plenty for the freezer.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Luv's diapers for $7.35 a pack! We go through a LOT of diapers!

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Luv's diapers for $7.35 a pack! We go through a LOT of diapers!

It's been soooo looongg since I bought diaper's..LOL..Way to go! Having twin's I couldn't even begin to imagine how many diaper's those little bottom's go through..

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
One grocery store is now doubling coupons up to .99 (total discount up to $1.98)! Hoping to find a deal or 2 there each week.
Snackwell granola bars (5ct)$1.00 after .75 coupon doubled.
2 liter ginger ale BOGO = 2/$1.79
Skillet meal .67 after $1 coupon

Got some OK prices on Campbell's soups at 2 other stores.
Campbell's Select 4/$5 coupons $1off 3 & .50off 2 = .80ea
condensed Campbell's soup/cream of $1ea 2 coupons .40off 3 (doubled) = .74ea
Del Monte canned veggies BOGO = 2/$1.35

I like adding can goods to the pantry w/winter around the corner (possible power outages).

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Added:

15-Dawn 9oz bottle's ( Total price paid after coupon's $1.25 plus tax (regular price $1.69 each) SCORE!

2-Nyquil 12oz on sale for 2/$12.00 get $3.00 in ecb's..I had a $3.00/2 manufacturer coupon..Total price paid after ecb $6.00 plus tax..Needed this to add to my winter cold medicine stockpile..

·
Registered
118 Posts
Went to cvs yesterday and got:
3 dawn dish detergent-.50 ea after coupons
2 dawn dish detergent-.25 ea after coupons
1 gillette fushion razor-4.99 after 5 dollar coupon got 4 dollars ecbs on that
3 skippy peanut butters-1.10 after using the 4 dollars ecbs

1 - 20 of 21 Posts