Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you or your children going to be for Halloween?

all my children have passed the age they think they are young enough to trick or treat.

But Little Miss wanted to wear a costume to pass out candy. She wanted to wear a costume that the kids would recognize ( normally in the past she picked a character in a book she was reading and had to explain her costume)

so my mom said she would buy her a Princess costume. We found some in the adult sizes at Walmart. Little Miss tried them all on and picked Snow White.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
One of my twins is going to the Halloween dance as "Fabio/romance cover guy" and the other is going as a dead red shirt from the original Star Trek series.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
My standard costume of late is a black cat. I put on black pants and a black knit shirt, and white fingerless gloves. I have a headband with fuzzy black ears and a matching tail that pins on, from a Halloween store. I wear one of my old cat's collars and vaccination tag.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I wear my Hogwarts student's robes. I sewed it for my daughter a number of years ago when she was in her Harry Potter phase. To get more mileage from the same garment, I add a rope belt and a mallet and I can be Martin Luther.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
well,my kids (human ones) are too old to trick or treat so its up to the dog now.lol
I found some giraffe patterned fleece and I have been thinking about making my Boxer/Mastiff up to be a giraffe. He already that orangy tan color and huge. Just maybe a cape with a velcro around the legs. Maybe a headband w/ Giraffe "horns". I'm not too creative.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
DD#4 wants to go as Laura Ingalls, so I still have to finish the apron for her costume...ds#5 wants to go as Luigi (from Mario)....ds#6 will go as Sheriff Woody -again (he's a toy story nut). I still have my "Evil Fairy" costume, but I don't know if I want to dress up this year or not.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Dd is going to be the mushroom from Mario. Ds#3 is going as The Joker. Ds #4 will be a tax collector. Ds#5 will be a billionaire in his golf clothes.

·
Registered
133 Posts
My 15 yo is dressing as a Pink Lady. Got some cat eye glasses at the 99 cent store and buying her the jacket which she will wear with black leggings.

My 8 yo will be Cinderella. She wanted to be Sleeping Beauty but I couldn't find an affordable costume in her size.

·
Registered
432 Posts
My dd likes to dress up to hand out candy. She'll wear her Minnie Mouse dress that I made (red with big white polka dots) for the 3rd year in a row, along with a mouse ears headband.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts