Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
12,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little late in the year to start this thread but will make new one for 2023. This used to be another popular thread/topic. Another favorite of mine. I've done more using up than stocking up but I'll be replenishing at some point

4 pkgs flour tortilla shells

· Registered
1,376 Posts
I bought a three pack of ham steaks and six lbs of ground beef. I froze all the ham steaks as is but I cooked four of the six lbs of ground beef and divided it up into one lb packages and froze it that way. Makes it quick and easy to pull out a bag to make shepherds pie, hamburger helper, meat sauce for spaghetti, topping for pizza etc. I left two lbs uncooked to defrost and use for burgers.

· Registered
1,376 Posts
I bought a three pack of ham steaks and six lbs of ground beef. I froze all the ham steaks as is but I cooked four of the six lbs of ground beef and divided it up into one lb packages and froze it that way. Makes it quick and easy to pull out a bag to make shepherds pie, hamburger helper, meat sauce for spaghetti, topping for pizza etc. I left two lbs uncooked to defrost and use for burgers.

· Registered
3,058 Posts
just got the holiday food delivery I had ordered..you pay though the year.. so stocked for holidays.. goodies like choc,nuts and chips, pantry stuff pasta, scalloped potatoes, gravy packs, mayo etc, canned goods, frozen veggies, ice cream, fries, frozen pies, appys, a ham and a prime rib. idea is that is all your holiday stuff as much as you can do without fresh. now to keep kids and dh out off the candy etc.

· Registered
1,376 Posts
I stocked up on turkeys over Thanksgiving sales. It took till almost the actual day of Thanksgiving to drop the prices but they finally did. I’m on the hunt for a couple of hams to add to my stock. I did add a few cans of pasta sauce.

Marthamfi - prime rib - yummy. I’ve never cooked one but I’ve eaten them at restaurants. So good!

· Registered
1,376 Posts
I stocked up on turkeys over Thanksgiving sales. It took till almost the actual day of Thanksgiving to drop the prices but they finally did. I’m on the hunt for a couple of hams to add to my stock. I did add a few cans of pasta sauce.

Marthamfi - prime rib - yummy. I’ve never cooked one but I’ve eaten them at restaurants. So good!

· Registered
3,058 Posts
Hikr they are easy to do lower heat and slower to roast then a reg one but so good. lots of time use leftovers bones etc in crockpot and make beef strougoff. can't spell. usually safeway has good deals on it at odd times of the year summer etc so would buy and stock up for xmas. but not this year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts