Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
2 packs of toilet paper, a mens razor, walgreens $20 GC, 8quarts of home canned green beans, and 2 pints of homemade salsa.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
2 Venus razors
1 2-liter bottle of 7-Up
1 pouch of Idahoan instant mashed potatoes

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Saturday, May 13th: :smooch: and I got into the Museum of Natural History for free because it was the last hour they were open. And I got a free meal at a Chinese place :smooch: treated me to, because when I was eating my vegetarian meal, I found chicken in my spring roll. BOTH of them. :yucky: :yucky: :yucky:

I also received two books and a scarf and some Euro coins from my Mom and her boyfriend upon their return from their vacation in Ireland.

I got a free (and very ugly) beach bag from a raffle at work. It'll be come my new yard-saling bag (holding my map and newspaper and list of things I'm looking for).

:smooch: and I received 2 free Cribbage boards from his roommate -- we play Crib all the time, but we only had one board and it was at my place, so whenever we wanted to play at his place we had to keep score on a piece of paper. NOT fun! :p

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Got an 8' banquet table from my neighbor down the street. He knows we have lots of parties and with all the carry ins we always seem to need more space. Have a special plan for this one. Going to cover the scratched top in wine corks. I've been collecting them for about a year ever since I saw this done on a home improvement show. We've got a Tuscon wine theme in our diningroom and I've wanted carry it out to under our gazebo but haven't had the right table. Now I've got it plus 2 kitty litter buckets full of corks. Now before you'all get the wrong idea No I did not drink that much wine. I've got a friend who works at Olive Garden and he has been collecting for me. As has a friend who does wine tasting at the local chain grocery store. Also friends, and family have been told to collect them too. These same folks have also been bringing my neighbor their emtpy bottles which he has been using to line all his flower beds with. A really cool site all these different colored bottles buried neck side down about half way all over the yard.

Laurie in Bradenton

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
15 free bottles of coke products
swiffer duster
honey lotion
rolaids

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Yesterday DH ran into someone he used to work with at his old job. He left that job a year ago. The guy gives him a $25 GC for a local restaurant. Apparently, this GC was purchased for DH for his birthday but it was never given to him, why I don't know. DH and the former co-worker still stay in touch and the former job knew this so they gave it to the guy to give to DH.

Today, DH calls me at work. About a month ago he bought some raffle tickets from some kids going door-to-door. They called him this morning and said he won two GC's for another local restaurant (not sure of the $ amount).

Looks like we're going out to dinner this week :D

·
Registered
552 Posts
A coupon for a free bottle of Bausch & Lomb contact lens solution.
A box of Yogos.
A sample-sized bottle of Head & Shoulders shampoo.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Today I got Always Pantiliners for free at Kroger's (I had one of those coupons they print out at the register).

I've gotten a couple of freebies in the mail: Head and Shoulders, Windex Wipes, Rolaids Soft Chews .... hmmm...I think that's it for now.

·
Registered
691 Posts
FAR
1 Tylenol PM 24 ct
1 Advil PM 24 ct
1 Excedrin Extra Strenght 24 ct
1 Soft Soap BW
2 A & D Ointment
12 Coke product 12 pks

Free on the spot
3 Hunt's Spaghetti Sauce
2 8 pk hot dog buns
1 Tylenol Extra Strenght Tylenol 24 ct
1 Nexcare bandages 20 ct
1 10 pk Oscar Mayer hot dogs
10 2ltr Coke products

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Last weekend, :smooch: and I saw "The DaVinci Code" (payed with movie money) and then :smooch: took me to see "The Notorious Bettie Page". I am also getting a Freecycle answering machine tomorrow. :)

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Got the Freecycle answering machine on Saturday morning -- works great! I got it specifically because a friend kept calling me and could never catch me, so my message said, "You have reached Nada. I'm sorry I can't take your call, but leave a message and I'll get back to you. And if this is Norah-Lee, leave me a good one, babe, because I got this answering machine especially for you!" :p

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
My neighbor brought over a box/bag of toys for ds- he's had a big time with them.

Ds got free book in mail

My brother is taking me and ds to see Thomas the train next week (he bought the tickets and is paying for everything that day!!!! Me and ds are both really excited.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts