Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is how much money it saves us. Wow. I spent the last two months being lazy about planning meals. We homeschool our kids and DH works from home, so it's a three meal a day plan for us. Because I failed to plan, we spent way more $$ and ate things that weren't so great for us. Just getting back on track and planning out this week is already a good lesson of how much we wasted. The good news is that today is a new day, and I'm planning away.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Would you consider posting a week of menu plans? I am sooo bad at this and have been wasting a lot of food money since separating from my STBX. It's just me and my daughter but I still need to plan. Although she sleeps at her Dad four nights a week, I actually feed her dinner on two of those nights (she leaves at 9 p.m. Wednesday; I have her during the day Saturday and usually feed her before her Dad picks her up at 6 p.m.) I, too homeschool and we have a LOT of activities to make up for her Dad's refusal to 'socialize her' within the homeschool community on his days (he thinks she should go back to school but so far the judge has ruled in my favor). I desperately need to stop eating so much fast food and relying on salty/high fat prepared and frozen meals from Fresh and Easy but I can't seem to get a handle on menu planning.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Meal plans are essential for both the budget and the body. I do way better when I meal plan but gosh darn it , it's such a chore.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, that's just the sort of challenge that I can use!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts