Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tulips are still blooming and oh so pretty. I have one that is a light pink and very "feathery" almost like a peony! My bleeding heart is in full bloom and am still amazed how the flower is shaped like a perfect heart.:) My primose has bloomed and looking healthy. Carpet of Snow/Candytuft is all out now and that is about it. I planted two lilac trees on the property and they are coming along nicely. There is one on our north fence line that has been there for years and years and it is starting to come out now. I love the scent of lilacs!

How about you, what's blooming in your garden?:smball:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I have yellow Irises growing in the front of my house and 2 Hostas...and a few dandilions...:D

In my backyard, I have bledding hearts and something else is growing, but I don't remember the name...lol;)

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Well I was gonna post this somewhere else, but this is a very appropriate palce.

My collard green plant (volunteer) is growing nice and tall and sturdy. It is getting yellow flowers on it, but I keep picking them off before they can bloom, (when they are tiny blooms) Is it true that if they bloom it will quit producing leaves and go to seed?

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
My lilacs are blooming. Peonies are just starting to. My lily of the valley is in bloom. My tulips and daffodil are almost done. The magnolia tree just dropped it's blooms too.
Not sure what's in this yard yet, but I am hoping for some fun things to bloom over the summer. I planted my cauldron with petunias too. I bought a hanging plant and repotted it into the cauldron.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Tons of iris, peonies, and one of my tomato plants! Oh, and a rose bush.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
My daffodils just passed by the wayside, along with my Hydrangeas. I have some tulips that are looking gorgeous, so are my English bluebells. I have one Allium and a Jap. Iris that just bloomed last week.

I have some other plant (don't know the name of it), but it has heart shaped leaves and little purple flowers.

Last week, I just planted some Petunias, Begonias, Cosmos, Impatiens, and something that's in the Mum family, they look like little white daisies.

·
27,948 Posts
Vinca & bleeding hearts are still blooming. What the deer didn't eat of my pinkster is blooming. As soon as it dries up a bit I want to take a walk in the woods to see what wildflowers are blooming. Should see the trillium and dogtooth.
My trumpet vine, viburnum and honeysuckle all have buds are ready to pop. Oh and the bluets are everywhere.:)

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
My Lillies are blooming! :D Also my pansies are hangin on. I have some others I forgot the name of (small purple flowers on a a smalll bush also some white ones. Got em at wal-mart) Still waiting for the tomatoes to bloom. Pink lemonade honeysuckle trying to bloom too!

·
Registered
895 Posts
My strawberries are starting to flower, bud and grow like crazy. We have a patch of mixed flowers out front that are blooming and growing like crazy. Not sure what they all are as the seeds were in a can labeled "Wild Flower Mix". Oh and there are a few weeds mixed in with those flowers. LOL!!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
And I just want to add that I have a ladyslipper in bloom along my driveway:D

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
my weeds are doing nicely. especially my clover and my dandelions, very nice crop this year.

And I planted some pansies which are still alive. My lilac has past its blooming, but I don't have any blooms left. My roses are beginning to open, look like I should have a few red ones by the end of the week. woo hoo! My seeds for all kinds of stuff are comming up, but nowhere near blooming yet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts