Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here I'm finishing the book Becoming Vegetarian by Vesanto Melina and Brenda Davis.

I'm also reading a series by Lawana Blackwell. I'm on the 3rd book Jewels for a Crown

Tell us what your reading.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
I'm working on The Chili Queen... it isn't bad once you get into it, CJ.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
I'm about to start John Grisham's "The King of Torts." If I finish it, I'll start a Jeffrey Deaver novel of Dh's that's been sitting around. I need some good books for the bus trip to Boston! I finished on Wednesday James Patterson's, "The Jester." Pretty good.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I'm reading "The Kingdom of Children". It's a socialogical study about homeschooling. I'm also re-reading some favorite homeschooling books that inspire me when the going get rough. And, as always, I'm reading my Bible. I draw so much strength from God's word!:D

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
I am RE-READING Frugal Luxuries, about 3/4 done! Always finding something new no matter how many times I read it!:smball:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Oh Heather, I just love that book! I have a copy here at home. Have you read "Frugal Luxuries through the Seasons"? That is one that I keep looking for at the used book store so I can have my own copy. I am forever checking out the one copy that our library has.:D

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heather, why am I not surprised that Frugal Luxuries is one of your favorites too. ;)

I agree, if you can find Frugal Luxuries through the Season you'll love that one too.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I'm getting ready to start Dead Run by Erica Spindler, that will be my eating out, car, work book...lol. I am also reading Armageddon by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I am reading several books, lets see if I can remeber the titles :laugh:

The Chili Queen I think its pretty good-A bit long at times, but all in all a good read

Make the Connection Bob Greene and Oprah Winfrey-I liked this book-A lot of common sense about healthy living-Exercise, drink water...

Fat land : how Americans became the fattest people in the world I just picked this up last night and have only got through the introduction

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I'm looking in to read motivational articles for weightloss...

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Debbie and CJ, no I haven't read that one, I'll will keep my eyes open for that one, I am going to check the library!! Thank you!!:smball:

·
Registered
269 Posts
I just started Family History. It is really good so far.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
AmyBoz, I loved "The King Of Torts". I just started reading, Jim Cymbala's, "Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire". It's about the Brooklyn Tabernacle church. Very Inspiring!

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
I jaut finished "Dear Enemy" a classic novel written ages ago (the author died in 1916!). It was wonderful. It's about a society miss who gets roped into running an orphanage. The book is written in the form of letters to her friends who put her to work, her boyfriend and the "Enemy": the Scottish doctor who cares for the health needs of over 100 of her "chicks" (as she calls them). It's by the same lady who wrote "Daddy Longlegs" and is a very good, yet light read!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
AmyBoz said:
I'm about to start John Grisham's "The King of Torts."
Amy, is that a new one by him? I haven't heard of it and didn't know he had a new one out.

I am reading Quentins by Maeve Binchy :)

·
27,948 Posts
AmyBoz said:
I'm about to start John Grisham's "The King of Torts." If I finish it, I'll start a Jeffrey Deaver novel of Dh's that's been sitting around. I need some good books for the bus trip to Boston! I finished on Wednesday James Patterson's, "The Jester." Pretty good.
Amy I like books by those authors too.:)
I'm almost done with
God Save The Potato Queens by Jill Conner Browne and just started The Gold Coast by Nelson DeMille.
I want to try to get more reading time in. Seems like I read only at night and then get sleepy so it takes forever to read a book.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I am reading "At Home In Mitford" by Jan Karon. It is the first book of the Mitford series and I am enjoying it so much. I have been reading it forever, I just can not seem to find the time to sit down and read anymore. I have to make more time for that, LOL.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts