Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently reading "The Devil Wears Prada", I haven't seen the movie yet, but the book is hilarious! I am LOL, and my dh thinks I'm nuts.

Then I'm going to read Martha Stewarts "Homekeeping Handbook".

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I'm working on a new book I picked up at a quilt show last week, "Amish in Wisconsin". Its about visits to the different settlements in Wisconsin. Yesterday I picked up "Daily Candy A to Z" looking forward to starting that one.

Laurie in Bradenton

·
27,948 Posts
I'm reading Likely To Die by Linda Fairstein.
Next is Eldest the 2nd in a fantasy trilogy from Christopher Paolini. First book was Eragon and that was made into a movie that is being released on dvd this week I think. If you and your kids enjoyed Harry Potter, you'll probably enjoy these books about a 15 year old boy and his flying dragon. Magic and adventure await you. :)

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I am reading Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover. I am going to reread Your Money or Your LIfe next.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Next is Eldest the 2nd in a fantasy trilogy from Christopher Paolini. First book was Eragon and that was made into a movie that is being released on dvd this week I think. If you and your kids enjoyed Harry Potter, you'll probably enjoy these books about a 15 year old boy and his flying dragon. Magic and adventure await you. :)
I want to read those books so bad. Everyone keeps saying how great they are. Right now I'm reading The Valley of Horses by Jean Auel. I've read the series a zillion times, but I still love it. My parents visited me a week ago and brought a stack of Reader's Digests for me, so I'm also working my way through them.

·
8,714 Posts
~My DH just finished reading Eragon. It's the only book he's ever read since I've known him, so it must be pretty good! I'm reading "Never Have Your Dog Stuffed" by Alan Alda and "Simple Abundance". Next up are "Faith" by Lori Copeland and "The Out of Sync Child". So many books, so little time!~

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I'm reading Ever Wonder Why? by Thomas Sowell, actually I'm on the last few pages. Tomorrow is library day so I don't know yet what I'll be reading next. :)

I've read Eragon and Eldest. They were o.k but I think it's very obvious that they were written by a teenage boy. JMO. My husband, who loves Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings, etc and has read each book repeatedly, couldn't even finish Eragon, though he says he may try again sometime.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I'm currently reading "Confessions of a Shopaholic" by Sophie Kinsella.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Aside from my school readings, I'm currently reading:

The Bible
The Everything American Government Book
Learn to Relax
Greed is Good

·
Registered
473 Posts
I'm currently reading Creating True Peace by Thich Nhat Hanh.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I'm currently reading The Doctor's Wife - by Elizabeth Brundage

Just finished The Pilot's Wife - by Anita Shreve (I recommend this one, I thought it was very good)

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I just finished Wild Orchids by Jude Devereaux. Romance novels are definitely not my usual genre of reading but this one has a supernatural element in it that made it interesting. It was not a wonderful book but it was entertaining, it would make a great beach read.

I am starting Predator by Patricia Cornwell tomorrow when I have a day off from work.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
I just ordered The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs. I'm hoping it will get here in time for my Spring Break from college so I can READ it lol.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I'm reading an old standby, Caine Mutiny.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
My youngest dd loved these books.
Did you know the author was just 16 or 17 when he wrote Eragon?

Julie, Prada made me laugh out loud lots too!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
The Bible
My year book
an article in an Awake
and a Watchtower

·
Registered
41 Posts
°Your Money or Your Life
°Start Late, Finish Rich
°The TG
°The Catcher in the Rye
°Jane Austin Novels
°A Place Called Here by Ceclia Ahern (very boring....have to put it down all the time)
°Das Lehrerhasser Buch (German book about teachers and how they influence our children)

Too many books....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts