Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quilting forum has been quiet. What is everyone working on? I just finished machine quilting my Nashville quilt. I just need to put the binding on it. I'll get back to working on my Dear Jane quilt next week. I just have the tris to do. I want to get some of my UFOs completed before I start anything new.

My works in progress:
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/549197762RhtTla

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
It's been forever since I could do anything at all. But I hope to get back to it later this week. I was working -- way back when -- on a quilt for a friend who helped me a lot with transportation while I was doing chemo. But (with her permission!) I'm going to set it aside and try to do a couple of smaller things to sell -- maybe some baby quilts or tote bags or something. I haven't really decided yet.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I just finished a charity quilt, and I think I'm going to make some quilted placemats next.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
OMGoodness Kay, your work is beeee U ti ful! :thumb:

Tell me, how did you like working with curves and bias? Hard or easier once you got the hang of it?

I started machine piecing a top in the Irish Chain, but haven't worked on it much lately. Have other sewing UFO's to finish up first, then I'll get back to it.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Your quilts are beautiful. My mother and sister enjoy quilting and take a lot of classes to get new ideas. They love quilting shows.

Quilting has brought a lot of joy to their lives.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm in FL right now at our apartment (husband works in FL) and I'm leaving for NY (our real home) in mid March, so I'm very busy, putting the binding on my seside rose quilt, that's going to NY for our bedroom, also doing binding for a very bright colorful girley quilt - Finishing border on two quilts for friends twin quilts, gonna finish the quilting in NY - and started my Chocolate Quilt yesterday, have two rows on design wall - Will post pic when done -

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Kay, I hope to be able to have such beautiful work as yours someday. Very nice work.
I'm working on Sylvia's Bridal Sampler quilt for my daughter as a wedding gift in June. Here's the link: http://homepage.mac.com/chiaverini/sylviasbridalsampler/index.html
a BOM crib quilt from Claudia's Quilt Shoppe, and a BOM quilt from Planet Patchwork. I figure I can do at least 1 block a month and learn some new techniques while doing the bridal sampler as they're 6 inch squares and there's 140 different blocks!

I found out that I need to be more precise in cutting and need to have more patience, practice and more consistant seam allowances! I also want to learn to machine quilt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts