Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
Currently, life is developing day by day. Everyday labor and production activities take place, leading to a lot of discharges into the environment. Therefore, slogans are now everywhere calling for people to have a green lifestyle. So what is green lifestyle? Can you tell me?
Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
It is really a lot of different things but it comes down to buying - or not buying - things with the environment in mind.

Some are very compatible with frugal living, other are not.

One example is clothing. Only buying clothing when you clothes wear out instead of keeping up with the current fashion is green living. As is mending clothes instead of throwing them out. Shopping thrift stores or consignment is better for the environment than buying new.

On the other hand, there are clothes that are marketed as being made in an environmentally friendly manner. These tend to be a LOT more expensive than other clothes.

Some other general things are driving less and not having a large house.

There is a lot more to it than that. This is just a few examples.

·
Registered
81 Posts
In Germany, a green lifestyle is associated with an environmentally friendly life. That means conserving resources, using little chemicals and only using what is really necessary.
These are actually the behaviors that our grandparents and great-grandparents still mastered. I learned a lot from my grandmother. I clean and wash with little chemicals, I repair what is broken, I provide myself with fruit, vegetables, berries, herbs, I like to take my bike instead of the car ...
If you feel like it, you can take a look at my blog.

·
Registered
334 Posts
many things to many people. To me it is first and foremost being aware of how my choices affect the environment (I choose to commute to work in a petrol powered vehicle, I choose to fly for vacation, I choose to grow some of my own food and buy local and buy industrial at various times, etc), and then making the best choice I can for the environment and myself and friends/family given the money I have. It's a moving target! Somethings are super green (2nd hand chickens, local non-gmo feed and growing some feed here, eating the eggs...pretty green) and some are not (driving to work daily), some are midway green (using upcycled saw-dust logs to heat...but it's still a woodstove)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts