Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a child....what is the best costume that you can remember having as a child on Halloween? Most of mine were hand-made by my mother...at 4 I went as Little Red Riding Hood...when I was 9 I went as a cat and at 13 I went as Peter Criss (then drummer for the rock group KISS) -I did that one myself:)

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
My Mom made me a Colonial girl outfit.

When I was older I made myself a cat costume. One year I was a Autumn tree.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
I was raised holy roller Assembly of God Pentecostal pew jumping church...so I was never allowed as a child to dress up. Funny thing though, that I remember, they let us hand out candy once. *sigh*

I'm so glad to give my kids wonderful memories and lots of pics! :)

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
As an adult , I wore a light blue sweatsuit with cotton balls glued all over it. I carried a plant mister and went as 'partly cloudy with a chance of showers'. Got tired of explaining it after a while........

Reactions: pollypurebred39

·
Registered
147 Posts
OMG! I was Peter Criss when I was 13 too! Me and 3 girlfriends won best group costume at our middle school!

·
Registered
672 Posts
My fave was a homemade one my mom made, it was a bat. Started out as a cat but I kept changing my mind. It was black sweatpants, black sweatshirt with material sewn under the arms for wings and a black hood attached with ears. Later that year I wore it in the school play. I was a cat so my mom just took off the wings.

·
Registered
123 Posts
In 7th grade I was Marge Simpson. I had long hair and used a wire coat hanger to make a thing to stand tall and pin my hair to (think halo on a wire above your head) and sprayed it all blue. I got some yellow makeup and wore a mint green dress and some white beads. :ack:

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
A few years ago I wore a fancy red dress with devil horns on my head. I was Devil with the Red Dress on. (song from the Rolling Stones, also Neil Diamond).

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
i didnt have halloween growing up- my mom is a JW
my dad would always buy a bunch of reeses peanut butter cups in case anyone came to the door but let my mom keep the shades drawn and the outside light out so no one ever really came - i think my dad just liked an excuse to eat alot of reeses cups lol
but my fav costume in general was a heidi costume my mom made me when i was 7 for the dress up party after summer reading program at the library.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My fave was a coca cola can my mom made me. she made it out of a sheet she dyed red, cut out the coca cola logo from another sheet & sewed it on. she made it stay in shape by cutting a circle out of cardboard for the top & a coat hanger on the bottom. I won all sorts of prizes with that one & the best part was I could wear a coat under it without ruining the effect (it was cold on Halloween in NH where I grew up). It was the only costume I ever remember my Mom making for me.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I made my teenage son a big Wheaties box and he wore a Jason-style hockey mask and carried a battle axe (strange, but we HAD all these things :) ) and he went as a 'cereal killer'!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.