Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is to record my expenses. I have been doing a lot better, but it becomes so aggravating to me. How about you?

·
Registered
226 Posts
The hardest thing for me to do is the Pricebook.

I mean to get started.. and I think about it...

and it just goes by the wayside.

Mostly I shop for major loss leaders, and know the cost of staples (like Diet Coke for husband) so I don't overpay for most things.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
The Most Difficult and hardest Frugal .........

The Most Difficult and hardest Frugal Thing to Do for me and my family is to stick to our budget and use coupons all the time!! Alot of times DH and I forget to use coupons so I know that is the reason we are not saving as much money as we should!!

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
I think that for me the hardest thing about being frugal is when I'm really trying and things just don't work out. Like when there is a sale on something and I try to trade for many coupons for the item (only on items that I REALLY need) and I am unable to get them so I miss out. That frustrates me to no end! Other than that, I really don't mind any of the frugality that I practice. I like knowing that my daughter will grow up feeling comfortable about money and knowing how to make the most of it.

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
I don't enjoy hanging clothes to dry, but do it anyway.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I also have a hard time to write down all our expenses and keep track. That is one goal I want to acheive!:)

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I have a hard time curbing my clothes shopping! I shop at Ross and TJMaxx and ebay, but it still feels like I spend a fortune!!

·
FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob
2,161 Posts
Hardest thing is that I have given up most of my status-type purchases and lifestyle-I don't think there is a piece of Gucci left in my closet and vacations are now planned and saved for etc. My $1000 weekends in Miami with my girlfriends are sorely missed. The security of no debt is great, but ........

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I find not spending a ton of money on clothes is sometimes hard but having my bills paid off is a great feeling! :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
I hate trying to explain, over and over, to my boyfriend that if I buy things when they are on sale/have coupon instead of when we need them---we never pay full price for anything. Duh!
Or trying to get him to wait for something he just "wants" till I can find it on sale. Men! :toothy:

·
Registered
567 Posts
Recording expenses is hard for me. I try to be really good at it, but small purchases tens to be easily forgotten.

The other thing is avoiding eating out or going out with friends. This is tough because people always invite me out to lunch or dinner, but I always decline because of the $$$--and then I feel bad because I don't see my friends as much.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
The hardest thing for me was coming to terms that my identity wasn't truly dependent on my income. I relied so heavily on certain comforts that when they had to go, I thought a part of me had died. I know it sounds stupidly superficial, but believe me it was the absolute hardest thing for me. To realize that I was a good person without all the material things.
Currently, I guess the hardest thing would be sometimes separating wants/needs. I do pretty well for the most part, but occasionally fall off track a bit.

Sara

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
The hardest thing for me is realizing it is just materialistic items and I CAN live without them!;)

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Recording expenses and price book. These are 2 things I just can't keep up with, so I don't do them. It's not like I don't have time.....

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
My frugality downfall is actually not spending the money I save. I know some people who look at the savings on their receipt- take that amount and deposit it into a savings account. A couple weeks ago- I saved $50.00 at the grocery store, but just turned around and spent it on a storm door at Home Depot. Oh well, I guess the door was one less purchase that I put on plastic. But I do that stuff all the time- spend a ton of time searching sales, clipping coups just to spend the money on something else.

Laura

·
FV Buddy aka KathiBob
1,651 Posts
I still haven't done a price book!:eek: The hardest thing for me is less eating out. My DH and I really enjoyed eating out. We didn't eat in expensive places and we mostly used coupons. I miss IHOP!:(

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Its got to be the pricebook!I have all the sheets printed out and in alphabetical orcer in my binder and all my receipts in it but haven't written them down yet.Maybe one day esp since dd is starting school soon.

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
The hardest thing for me is the price book,using coupons EVERY trip the grocery store,and save more. When I do save,I have something I spend it on.It's like I can never get one step ahead.
And eating out...I always say " no eating out this week.." I get busy doing things and don't 'have time' to cook,so we eat out.
Take tonight for instance....I was being a bum today,didn't do much of anything but make my bed,wash one load of clothes and put up dishes and was to lazy to cook-so we ate out.Then after we eat out..I feel sooo guilty... :(
And hanging out clothes....I sweat like a pig out there hanging clothes out but...it's something I know I should do...so i sweat like a pig LOL!!! Don't guess a little sweat will hurt me :laugh:

1 - 20 of 124 Posts