Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about this today and wondered what the hardest thing about homeschooling is for most people. Is it trying to balance it all, being afraid you might "miss something" in teaching your kids, pressure from outsiders to put those kids back in school, financial pressure of trying to live on one income, trying to get everything squeezed into the day, being frustrated when your child (or you) has trouble grasping a subject or concept or is it something else?

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Trying to balance it all!

I need to quit surfing so much and get MYSELF on a schedule! Then, our school schedule will be more managable.

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
Trying to get everything squeezed into ONE day! LOL There is sooooooooooo much I want to do and cover and not enough hours in the day!!!!!

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Right now I don't find anything hard about hs. When I first started hs I did, because I wanted to get everything done in one day and I was so afraid I'd miss something.

After 9 years of hs, I'm much more relaxed and realize if we don't get everything done in a day, week or even year, we can do it the next year.

If I had to choose anything that might be difficult, I guess it would have to be our oldest son being so against hs. He is a public school teacher and doesn't understand how he could have gone to university for 4 years and I haven't gone at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts