Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your all time favorite movie? Do you have one that has been a favorite for years and stills stands as the "all time favorite" or do you have a new one each year?

Mine is "Mr Blandings' Builds His Dream House". It is an old (1948) movie with Cary Grant and Myrna Loy as a couple who live in a city and decide to move to the country. The building of the "dream home" turns into a true comedy of errors. It is a wonderful funny clean wholesome movie. I could watch it every week.

Ok, what is yours? :D

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Driving Miss Daisy...I love that movie!

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
The original version of "Wuthering Heights" Loved the book and the movie as a kid, still love it today. I hated the new version though.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Disney's Dumbo, the song "Baby Mine" makes me cry every time I hear it.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gina, I love Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory too. My kids used to look forward to it every year. I remember when I was a kid, we used to look forward to seeing The Wizard of Oz every year, back then it was only shown once a year and it was a tradition to watch it.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
My favorite is Sense and Sensiblity. I just watched it again yesterday.
Jeanna:angel2:

·
Registered
601 Posts
I just love Forrest Gump and always will, I think Tom Hanks did a bang up job on that part.....

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have 2 favorites...Rebecca (Olivier and Joan Fontaine-1940), and Suspicion (Cary Grant and Joan Fontaine-1941). Actually, I love all Alfred Hitchcock's films. He is the master of suspense.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Wow, this is a toughie!

Mr. Blandings os one of my favorites.
Casabkanca
The Big Sleep
To Catch a Thief
Rear Window
Auntie Mame
The Mark of Zorro
Support Your Local Sherriff
Pillow Talk

Anybody see a pattern here?:) With the exception of one movie, all the rest were made prior to 1965!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
My Favorite Movies are:

My Favorite Movies are:
Gone with the Wind
Scarlett
Fried Green Tomatoes
Driving Miss Daisy
The Patriot
God's and Generals
The Oringinal Miracle on 34th Street
It's a Wonderful Life.
Those are the only ones I can think of at this time.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
well....it could be viewed as "rushing the season" as my dad used to say, but my all time, #1 favorite movie is :santa: "A Christmas Carol" :reindeer: - the one with George C. Scott....well - my favorite version of it is quite honestly the Muppets version with Michael Cain as Ebeneezer! (I'm a fanatic for the Muppets!!)

My next favorite would be a three way tie - still classics - The Wizard of OZ, The Sound of Music, & My Fair Lady.....

sheesh - am I dating myself or what?!?!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I can't pick just one!!!:eek: So...here is my list!:toothy:
You've Got Mail
Sleepless in Seattle
Yours, Mine and Ours
With Six You Get Eggroll
Father Goose
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
The Glass Bottom Boat
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
To Sir With Love

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Gone with the Wind, no question, I've watched it a million times.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Gone With The Wind here too! :D

I also like just about any Rodgers and Hammerstiens musicals, North and South and Shogun.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
My all time fav has to be ....Jerry McGuire.....I also love What Dreams May Come, Best in Show, Desk Set

1 - 20 of 44 Posts