Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you like bold and bright colours (red, bright blue, oranges, etc.) or warm, subdued colours (taupes, rose, soft greens)?

My home is pretty much done in the warm, earth tones ~~soft yellow, sage green, burgundy (deep) with the original woodwork. Our bedroom upstairs is more cottage/country in soft blues, yellows and rose.

Sometimes I see real bright/bold colours and would love to try it but I chicken out and I don't think it would look right in an old farmhouse!!

What about you?

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Well right now, I don't have much color because we redid all the upstairs (new insulation, etc) and I haven't decorated up there.

My kitchen is partially light blue and white and will remain that color once were finished with it.

My living room is white, but that color will change once we insulate the room - not sure what color yet.

Our m/bedroom is a dark burgundy and will remain that color when were finished insulating it. I have the paint already for that room.

I can hardly wait to get all the insulating done in order to get some decorating done.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
All our rooms are pale colors, too. Apple green in the kitchen, pale blue in the living room, my bedroom was pink, but we changed rooms and will change color, too. I'm not sure yet, which color, though....

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
My entire house was brown and blue, dark brown carpet and paneling, yuk! We brightened up the bathroom some and painted the bedrooms light, bright green! (the little one is painted, the baby came before the nursery got painted, we're going to wait until fall to finish)

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Kitchen, red and blue, cherries and apples motif
Living room, western, lots of wood indians etc.
M/b dark pinks blues and purples
M/bath dark blue and purple
Guest bath red white and blue americana
diningroom, still decideing
kids, general chaos
I think thats all the rooms!:D

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Our new place is a decorator's nightmare. Practically every room is off white walls. All floors are hardwoods except in the livingroom and diningroom. (which have off white carpeting) The moldings are all stained and the windows sills are dark wood and unpainted.

I plan to eventually work room to room and paint etc in each room. I love greens, terra cotta colors. Real earthy tones with a touch of an off color to give it a nice mix. (example lavender)

I'm not much for themes except for the kids. I hope to have the baby's room in faeries and garden themed and Zachary's to be mystical with elves and woodsy.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
The only room that I have redone to suit me is our living room and Dining room. The chair rail is a deep burgandy and we have light colored wood waines coating. I tend to lean towards the burgandy and Williamsburg Blue. I like Hunter Green as well, but I don't have anything in my house that is green. Mostly Blues and burgandies and mauves. We will be doing our two bathrooms soon, and I would like to do one in a Williamsburg or Navy blue and one in Hunter Green. We did paint the one a light blue and put in new flooring, but I don't like it. Besides the flooring isn't lasting. So that is a perfect excuse to redo it the way I want it.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
My house is such a mish mash of colors and furniture that it is actually embarassing. We have neutral colored carpet through out and most of the wood is light colored, my furniture is a horrible combination of second hand castoffs, I have my mother in laws lovely :puke: orange living room suite. I planned when I got it to purchase nice slip covers for it but here it is 2 years later and I am still sittting on orange furniture, LOL. I am saving now for new living room furniture and a new dining table. I would like to get a nice khaki colored leather living room suite. When I get that I will be doing my living room in earth tones, I love terra cotta and may do my walls that color. I am doing my kitchen in 1950s cherry motifs. Our room is white walls with a green wrought iron canopy bed with green bedding. My bathroom is a nautical theme and the kids rooms are decorated in a teenage disaster motif, LOL. My sewing room has turned into the kids computer room so it is undecorated right now.

I guess that is my house in a nutshell. I forgot to include the lovely cobweb condominiums decorating all corners of each room for that little insect ambiance. :D

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
The main colors in my house is burgundy and hunter green. Dh and I are going to change the bathroom to navy, though. :)

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
Kitchen, dining room, living room, family room - pale yellow

Master bedroom and bath - seafoam green

Foyer - Turquoise but more on the green side rather than blue

Hall, 2 Bedrooms, Bath - pale beige

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hey Kathy-we have the exact same corner decorations LOL I love that outdoorsy look:eek: The rest of the house is country eclectic!!! Which means NO theme at all...... castoffs,whatever some one gave us. The good news is-you can put your feet up at my house ANYWHERE:D

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Ours is done in various shades of green.Sage,khaki.I love it it used to be brown so this is a lot of color for me,but very calming.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts