Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your favorite Halloween memory from your childhood?  Did you live in an area where you were able to go door to door trick or treating?  What was your favorite costume?

I grew up in a small town so it was the norm for all the children to go door to door and everyone gave out candy.  It was a small town so everyone knew everyone.  We always had so much candy that we ended up tossing part of it out in a few months because it was more than could be eaten :D

My favorite costume was fairy costume made of pink satin and a wand made of a baton with a aluminum foil and glitter star on the end of it.  My Mother made it for me when I was about 6 or 7.  I thought I was sooooo beautiful. :)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
My favorite memory is when my mother took me with her to buy my costume....it was a princess or Barbie outfit--very basic--with the mask to go with it.....It was a cheap costume, I know, now, but I felt so special wearing it! :heartsm: I remember feeling close to my mom that time. I was also about 5 or 6 yrs. old...

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Oh yes and I remember how fun it was to trick or treat! We had alot of family living in our little town. We lived on the 2 nd floor of a house--my aunt and uncle lived below. And my aunt would always prepare me a bigger bag with regular size chocolate bar. I was soooo thrilled! :yippee:

Wasn't it fun when we were small....:heartsm:

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
I lived in the country, so I couldn't go trick or treating. Our church had a Fall Festival and it was so much fun! We had games, costume contests, and lots of homemade treats. We bobbed for apples and just had a blast. :D

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
My favorite memory was when I dressed up as a skeleton. I loved that costume! Nothing different really happened, I just remember feeling so proud of that costume. :)

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
My most memorable was also my scariest!!! I was in sixth grade and my sister was in the fourth grade, and we went to the annual Harvest Party at the church... My sister was playing this game where you are blind folded, and had an apple hung by a string.. Then you were supposed to see how fast you could eat it with out using your hands... Needless to say my sister began to choke- to the point she was almost blue... Not one adult knew what they were doing, patting on the back etc.. I had just had first aid in health where we had learned the Hymlech manuvere(sp)... I- not the adults- I her big sister saved her life... We never ate apples on a string blindfolded either... Funny thing is she was dressed as mother nature:eek: ...

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
We used to go trick or treating. There was one house that gave out little cartons of chocolate milk. That was our favorite place to go! :)

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
My favorite Halloween memory was when my mother made me a Spanish Matador costume. It was great, blue satiny material. Also when ds#1 won first place dressed as a cheerleader. I still have the trophy, because it is MINE~!;)

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
The year I was 4, I had just gotten over pneumonia at Halloween, so I had to stay home:( But my mom had made a Peter Pan costume for a play my sister was in and I got to wear it and hand out candy:) ..Also the next door neighbor brought me a gift(some sort of toy?) over because I was sick :) I had fun giving out the treats!!!!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
We lived in a small town so we enjoyed going door to door for candy. My favorite costume was my gypsy costume, I wore that costume for 2 years straight.:D

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
When I was younger, the neighbors across the street would do a huge Halloween pit stop. They had candles lit and tons of goodies. Their home was decorated so fun. The news crews would come some years. I always thought it was just so neat that her parents were so nice and did a little outdoor type party for any families that were in the neighborhood.

That's probably one of my favorite Halloween memories.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
It's not my favorite Halloween memory, but definately my MOST memorable.

My grandmother died in the wee hours of the morning--- mom made me go to school that day. I remember sitting in the gym before school, crying-- and my teacher came and took me to the office to find out what was wrong. I will never forget when I finally managed to choke it out-- my teacher pulled me onto her lap and held me while I cried, and when I looked up- she was crying too.

I have lots of memories of fun times at Halloween-- trick or treating, parties, acting silly with my friends even when in high school.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts