Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I actually have 2 favorites.

Vegetables and Vegetarian cooking by Roz Denny and Christine Ingram. This book has everything in it!!

I just ordered this one a few months ago Joy of Cooking - the all new and revised edition and its fast becoming my favorite as well. It too has everything in it and so many wonderful tips and explainations.

Whats yours?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Any church cook books, I have quite a few.
Also - The Betty Crocker Cook Book. It was my first and still one of my faves!
I also use a Blue Ribbon Cookbook: recipes from state Fairs which is really good.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I have quite a few including my grandmother's old Good Housekeeping cookbook that is splattered and stained on the many pages that she used the most often.:) However, the one that I use the most is Mennonite Country Style Recipes and Kitchen Secrets bu Esther H. Shank. I kept borrowing it from the library and finally just got my own copy!!! It's got wonderful recipes and every single one I have made is a winner. I've got bookmarks throughout it with our family favorites.:D

·
27,948 Posts
Wow, that's a tough question! I love community/church cookbooks. Real recipes for regular people like me. Favorite Recipes from Quilters by Louise Stoltzfus has recipes like that in it. Also enjoy The American Country Inn + Bed & Breakfast cookbooks by Kitty & Lucian Maynard.

For general info I like The Joy of Cooking, Betty Crocker and Good Housekeeping.

Love cookbooks and have to struggle not to buy more.
I think the best recipes come from friends like you who make them and enjoy them with your families.:heartsm:

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
I love any of the Gooseberry Patch cookbooks- I think "Quick and Easy" is my favorite of those.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
i love not just beans but anycook book will do..i love yard sales..its the best place to find cheap cook books esp old ones

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I love my Better Homes & Gardens cook book- it was the first cookbook I bought when I moved out on my own because I wanted some poached eggs and had no clue how to do it! It's a great book for learning the basics like pudding, fried chicken etc.

I also love my Prime Time Emeril book for Sunday dinners, then of course my 3 ring binder with recipies from friends, family and stuff I print off foodtv.com.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I need to replace mine, it was the 89-90 Better Homes and
Gardens, the big one with everything in it!
My got worn out and I need another.
The newer one I am afraid won't have the same recipes, I tried a new BC one but it was just not the same.
I need a good all around from scratch book!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I love my old Betty Crocker cookbook. I have the 1940s Betty Crocker picture cookbook. It has wonderful recipes in it. I also have several church and local groups cookbooks that I love. My hospital put one out this year for the Children's Miracle Network and I use it all the time. I even put several recipes in it. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts