Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine is the cookie recipes. I love them all. They just look so cute and festive tied with a piece of homespun ribbon and a piece of gingham fabric over the top. :D

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
I have some soup recipes that look really nice in the jar with the pasta.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Dead presidents in a jar! I just love to see Washington, Lincoln, and all the others peaking their little printed faces out at me. Tie it all up with a pretty ribbon and you've got a gift to make me happy!!!!:toothy:

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
hmsclmom said:
Dead presidents in a jar! I just love to see Washington, Lincoln, and all the others peaking their little printed faces out at me. Tie it all up with a pretty ribbon and you've got a gift to make me happy!!!!:toothy:
:laugh:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
What a great idea Debbie, why don't you make up a few jars and test them out on Chelle and I and we'll tell you how we like em !!!!!!!!

I like the mason jar oil lamps, I also like soups...

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Do you know we don't do gift jars here! :weeping:

We are SO boring LOL ~ I feel quite left out (really!) I think it's a cute idea.

I'd like to start the fashion but being as we don't do them I don't know how LOL.

P.S. Don't ya just love Chelle ~ She cracks me up ~ Often LOL.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Bev, be the first in the UK to do them..... You'll be a big hit.... Why don't you sell them and become the first British gifts in a jar Millionaire ?

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
:laugh: Take the UK by surprise - AGAIN lol (I did it a few years ago when I was born LMAO!)

I would love to sell people jars ;) Unfortunately I don't have any dead presidents in my craft shed LOL ;)

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Good one Debbie, you can add me to that list to try them out on! :D

I have never received any as a gift, but I think the cookies would be a great size for just dh and I.

Bev, here is a link on how to make them:

http://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=567

You would have to substitute measurements and ingredients that are available to you and make up the tags to go with them. I bet a lot of busy Mom's in your area would be interested! :D

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Oh Thank you ~ I started saving them all to favourites then I saw the LONGGGGG list LOL. So I just saved that link LOL.

Are they all food or can you put other things in too?

We are REALLY thick aren't we LOL - Nooooooo Bev course not! :D (yup I answer myself back too LOL)

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
You can do other things too. Lori has a tutorial on oil lamps, you can just put pretty seashells in a jar and top it off with some fabric and a ribbon would be pretty too! You are a fantastic artist, I bet you could think of something! :D

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I have done some other than food..... When I can get 1 gallon jars, I make snowman in a jar.... I scour the yard sales all year for cheap mittens, scarves, hats and such and spray paint some large (somewhat jagged) rocks black to use for coals for eyes and buttons, add a plastic carrot or cut one out of wood and paint.. Makes a fun gift for kids that have snow...... I also make cookie jars and gift jars ........ Sherry did some too.....

http://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=13450&highlight=gingerbread+man+jar

http://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=10812&highlight=snowman+cookie+jar

I've also done birdhouse jars and a hummingbird jar for Robin, these are crafts you can do for pennies.... (That's my kind of crafting )

1 - 15 of 15 Posts