Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This forum needs some life, so I'm going to share about my new favorite software.

My FIL passed away about a year ago. We had several digital pictures that were taken a few months before he passed. Unfortunately, we don't have a photo printer so the pictures have so far just remained on our PC. I found software called Carbonite. It is software that allows you to back up your personal documents to a server so that if your computer ever crashed, you will still have access to your pictures, documents etc. This came at the perfect time for me because Now they are backed up to a server and I don't have to worry about losing them. If you are interested in trying out the software, go to carbonite.com and use the coupon code BZZ. You can try it for free. The best thing about it is that it doesn't slow down your computer. I HATE when my computer gets so bogged down.

What is your favorite software?

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Finale. Lets you put in music you know or write your own and play it. It's easier to learn new songs for choir if I have the accompaniment playable. This is one of the few packages I use "just for fun".

·
Registered
708 Posts
I have several software programs I couldn't do without:

DOSBox - Allows you to run DOS-platform PC games (or programs) through Windows XP.

Gaim - a free Instant Messenging service that lets you combine all your accounts (Yahoo, MSN, AOL, etc.) so you can view them all at once.

Winamp - bar none, the best mp3 player for your computer.

Mozilla Firefox - I don't know if this is strictly software, but it's the best internet browser out there...I will never use Internet Explorer again.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Quicken!!!!!

I can balance my checkbook in less than 5 minutes! I love being able to keep all of the financial information in one place.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have a couple I really like. I am old-school and use Excel to figure my monthly (and bi-weekly) budget and to keep track of my spending.

I have a program called ACDSee for photo printing and organizing that I use to work on homework projects for the kids and to keep track of my pictures of my kids that I've scanned.

And although I'm new to it, I just LOVE iTunes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I like any software that makes my life more fun or easier. I use Excel a lot also and really like Microsoft Digital Image Suite.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts