Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ours has got to be fishing and camping. We now have to wait until fishing season opens which is the long weekend in May and we can't camp until middle or end of June, depending on the weather. But camping and fishing have to be our favorite sporting activities.

What are yours?

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Camping and Water sports. We love to water ski but I much prefer the tubes as they are larger and don't hurt as bad when I fall off! LOL

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Mine would have to be baseball and camping. I love watching my son play baseball and camping out under the stars with my family is the best!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I am hoping swimming will be a new summer favorite, we just bought a big above ground pool of course there is snow covering the ground right now
(the kids love pools so I know it will get a lot of use I am hoping I enjoy it too since my summer will be spend near that pool :~)

Eileen

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Anything that has to do with sun and water....I llllooovveee being outside!! We have two lakes close to us so I go every chance I get....and my friend has a big dock on the lake....I like to go out there and sit in the sun alllll day and swim in the lake....guess I will be keeping my pregent butt at home this year...lol...

I love to get out and walk in the spring and summer....get outta town and get some fresh air!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
O, I love all sports and recreation. I guess camping, fishing, and basketball are my favs, though. :)

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Our whole family used to be such great campers. the older the kids get, the less interested they are in it. Of course like most teenagers, they are spoiled and lazy and the outdooe life requires too much good old fashioned work for them to actually enjoy it. We are kind of between a rock and a hard place in that I don't trust them at home all weekend while we are out camping, so either we go as a family and listen to them complain, or stay home. My youngest, 11 years old, still likes to go and rough it. I don't understand them, I am hopin that when they grow up they will camp and enjoy the great outdoors with their faimilies, if not I will take their kids and teach them all I know, (before they become teenagers of course!)

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Definately camping for us. We love to go to a nearby lake and camp and relax and just enjoy the weather on my weekends off. We are getting our motorhome ready right now to get started this month :hurray:. I am so glad it is camping season!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I must say camping, fishing and baseball are the boys and Dh's fav. summer activities.

However I am not fond of "natural" bathrooms and being the designated "fat slimey worm" baiter. I do give in and do these things for them and try to put a smile on my face.

But I would rather be swimming, taking morning walks and bike rides in the park.
(I sound like a girly girl, dont I?) LOL;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts