Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Christmas at another family members home

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your perfect Christmas? Does your Christmas celebration resemble your perfect Christmas.

My perfect Christmas would be in a cozy cabin in the mountains with all my family. We would have a freshly cut tree that we had cut from our own land and we would bring it in and deorate it with popcorn strands and cranberry garland and old fashioned ornaments. We would have a nice Christmas dinner and then open our homemade gifts and we would sing Christmas carols in the evening and drink hot chocolate while watching the moon cresting over the snow covered mountain tops. The best part is everyone would get along and noone would complain about anything.

Tell us about yours.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
My perfect Christmas would be in a cozy cabin in the mountains with all my family. We would have a freshly cut tree that we had cut from our own land and we would bring it in and deorate it with popcorn strands and cranberry garland and old fashioned ornaments. We would have a nice Christmas dinner and then open our homemade gifts and we would sing Christmas carols in the evening and drink hot chocolate while watching the moon cresting over the snow covered mountain tops. The best part is everyone would get along and noone would complain about anything.
Kathy, you've exactly described what I would see as my ideal Christmas...:heartsm: Thank-you to make me dream...:)

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
I voted for Christmas at home with all my family, but I want to clarify that by *all* I mean me, dh, ds, and the dogs! No one else! ROFL! I've spent a couple of Christmases with dh's family (before ds came along) and hated every minute of it. They don't get into the holiday like I do and it was a big letdown for me.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
I voted for "a cozy cabin in the mountains", with no phones, tv or computers but with all my family.

We'd chop down a tree and decorate it, we would have bought all homemade gifts and a huge turkey with all the trimmings and we'd sit before the fireplace and share stories. We'd be together with all 6 kids and the 8 grandchildren and it would be a time of fun and relaxation.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I voted for "Cozy family Christmas in a mountain cabin". Katybird, you described my dream, too.

When I was a Sophomore in highschool, my mom and aunt rented a cabin for our 2 families for Thanksgiving. It was the most wonderful Thanksgiving. I loved it so much. Everything in the cabin was old fashioned, and was so cozy. There was no tv, or telephone to have to hear. It was a really nice getaway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts