Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
8,714 Posts
~My bedroom. It's so simple, small(7X13) and frugal. The only furniture pieces are 2 clothes bureaus(which I brought from my bedroom as a teen), the bed(which is on a box spring on the floor/no frame) and a standing mirror. Nothing else is stored in that room but clothes. We hang out in there alot because it's so peaceful.~

·
Registered
938 Posts
I love my bedroom. As you guys can see from my album, my Mom is a wonderful quilt maker and my favorite quilt adorns my bed. I also have some beautiful old furniture that I just love seeing in the morning!

·
27,948 Posts
Toss up between the kitchen & the livingroom.
Kitchen, because I like to cook and it's an easy ktichen to cook in.
Livingroom, because we can all hang out and have a nice fire going in the cooler months.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
It would have to be my bedroom..........because its mt space and I do a lot of laying done........
Fern

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I would have to say my kitchen because DH totally remodeled it by hand and it's beautiful, plus it's spacious and I like to cook.

BUT I also love my bedroom because it's MY room and it's perfectly prim. :)

I also love my computer room/craft room, I can go on the net and craft too, it has all my notions/fabric and cute primitive decor all around AND soon it will be in the midst of a remodel as well.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I like my office/miniatures/craft/Barbie room. I also like my new pink and white kitchen with all the vintage china and roses everywhere. It's easy to cook in and really charming visually. My bedroom I only use for sleeping but I love my canopy bed. Hmm I also like my parlour because it si cosy and comfortable with bamboo and rattan and Hawaiiana and has a lanai with french doors to the outside. I love my old fashioned bathroom with the clawfoot tub and pedestal sink. LOL I can't decide. I love my whole house!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
My kitchen. It's about 400 sq. feet with a high ceiling and when I saw it, I knew I'd found my home.

DH and I remodeled it ourselves and everything is exactly as I wanted it, walnut floors, Wolf range, french doors, and it looks out onto my gardens. I don't think we can ever move because I love that room so much.

gg: I think I love your house.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I love my screened in porch. My husband varnished and sanded the knotty pine boards for the ceiling and looks oh! so beautiful. I'm able to rock or sit with a magazine and a cold drink. I think I have about 15 wind chimes, singing. My flowers are in the front and back. I have a wooden ironing board with an ole' time radio on it. Last year we put in 2 ceiling fans. Life is good. :)

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Definitely my kitchen. It is so functional and warm and friendly.

·
Registered
632 Posts
"Outside" is actually my favorite room but if I have to choose a room within the house I would have to say "My room". It was our spare bedroom in our small house and we turned it into a giant pantry on one side and my craft and library room on the other. Hubby calls it The Store I call it mine!

·
Registered
632 Posts
delete ~ double post, the site locked up on me during posting.

Grrrr

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WOW!!!! What an awesome response!

I think I would like to combine all of your fave rooms and make my dream house! LOL

I think my fave has got to be my living room. I love the leather sofa we bought a year ago and the accessories I have on the walls are prim with barn stars, a large picture of a church, baskets (lots of baskets and not the expensive kind lol), and berries here and there. It is very decluttered so is easy to clean and has two nice windows that let in a lot of light. Too bad I can't spend more time in there relaxing!

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
My kitchen and my lanai. Although, I still have a bunch of boxes to go thru and unpack since we just moved 2 days ago.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
I have 2 rooms. Our bedroom. A relaxing oasis if ever there was one. Shut the door and it's just my husband and me. Clean spa like feel. and our breezeway. Flagstone under our feet and the most incredible Japanese Maple that was trained by the first homeower. It twists and turns. It looks like a big bonsai tree. Just beautiful. We sit on our wicker sofa and just talk, Or not, sometimes we just sit quietly enjoying the peace and quiet and each others company. My two favorite places in all the world.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts