Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past year was really rough on us financially. I used up a lot of my stockpile and am now trying to get it built back up now that things are looking up for us. I am watching for sales on the following items...

Canned beans
Canned fruit
Peanut Butter (my dh can eat half a jar at a time on crackers)
Crackers (see above LOL) Ritz, saltine and cheez its or goldfish
Laundry detergent
Shampoo and body wash
Soups for cooking (cream of mushroom and chicken)
TP I have IBS so I am always buying TP LOL
Tea bags
Tomato paste and sauce

·
Registered
7,735 Posts
I'm running low on condiments. Ketchup, relish, sandwich spread. Grated romano cheese. Salad dressing. Tuna.

My freezer is almost empty, but Super 1 has chicken breast .88 lb, so I'll be picking up a lot of that immediately.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Patience. I ALWAYS need patience.

Grocery-wise, I'd say pasta & rice though we really don't each much nor often, TP & paper towels b/c we'll always use it and canned food items - veggies, fruits, soups etc but we're limiting our stockpiling this year.

·
Registered
273 Posts
We need toothpaste and deodorant. DH needs bodywash. I'm not sure what he does with it. I can make mine last months longer than his.We have some bar soap but he thinks we have moved too far up in the world to use it any more----a downside of getting some things cheap by using coupons.
TP since I'm home all day home.
Just checked the bathroon closet---need to stockpile denture cleaner. Another DH problem with.

I really want to concentrate on using up things that we have stockpiled already. Then we can start over again. Now that I'm retired I can be more up on what we do and do not have.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
We need toothpaste and deodorant. DH needs bodywash. I'm not sure what he does with it. I can make mine last months longer than his.We have some bar soap but he thinks we have moved too far up in the world to use it any more----a downside of getting some things cheap by using coupons.
TP since I'm home all day home.
Just checked the bathroon closet---need to stockpile denture cleaner. Another DH problem with.

I really want to concentrate on using up things that we have stockpiled already. Then we can start over again. Now that I'm retired I can be more up on what we do and do not have.
You can still use dried out bars of soap no? OR can you grate them up and boil them down and turn them into liquid hand soap or body wash? There's this thread that may help you.

http://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/make-yourself/133573-how-make-body-wash-bar-soap.html

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
We're looking at meat, vegetables and mostly frozen things like fish, french fries, etc. It's basically staples that we use around the house for everything.

Our chest freezer is almost empty and my goal's to have it filled by the end of the summer so when the money gets tight (usually around the middle of August), we can fend for ourselves out of the freezer.

If my plan to go back to work comes true, I might start stockpiling for the rest of the fall and the entire winter.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I'm thrilled with my stockpile, but I would like to stock up on the following:

- canned crushed tomatoes
- canned tomato sauce
- paper towels (but no more than 3 rolls, I use 2 rolls/year); waiting for a sale
- TP
- tortillas (waiting for a sale)
- boxed red wine

Our income for February will probably be ZERO, so I'm extremely happy to have the stockpile in place.

·
Registered
9,538 Posts
Space. I need more space to store stuff. Either that or get rid of more crap. I'm trying to work the stockpile down.

On a related note, if you're looking for crackers the Superbowl is Feb 5 and I bet there will be a lot of sales. There are coupons out right now for triscuit/ritz/wheat thins.

Also saw some for soup on the various coupon web sites this week.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
ketchup
mustard
tobasco
miracle whip
canned fruit
razors for dh, I think he's getting low
dry beans

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I'm just starting to be honest, not to have a 6 month supply or anything, but just so we don't need to buy things at the regular price (and it's working we are starting to FINALLY see the grocery bill go down).

We need to stock up on:
ketchup, mustard, peanut butter, all toiletry items we need

We'll get there as money allows, but so far of our little bit of progress so far :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, I just started mine last week so I need everything! lol We had some awesome deals at a few stores today that actually got me up out of bed in this snowy weather after only sleeping for 3 hours, so I got a lot of good stuff for cheap. Now I just need sales like that every week!

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
sweetcakes the stockpile will be such an advantage to u.. good luck greek island girl and crickets legs are really good at stockpiling.If I say so myself I do pretty good. hugs

·
Registered
708 Posts
I need to stockpile everything that we use...

life has just thrown me a curveball and i am amazed that i am not stressing as much i would have been a year ago....I think it is cause dh has finally started understanding our financial situation and understands there just isnt enough money...

·
Registered
1 Posts
My stock pile has dwindled down also. Things I will be looking to stock pile on are: meat, my other half is a ravenous carnivore ( lol), pasta as I have found its a cheap way to keep 2 growing boys bellies full, cream soups for cooking, TP, Paper Towels, body wash, shampoo, laundry ingredients, and dish soap....I'm sure there are others I am forgetting..

1 - 20 of 52 Posts