Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am now seeing a psycholgist who is going to start cognitive therapy with me. It's mostly talk therapy with tools to guide me through the bad times.

I am also in group therapy for Panic/Anxiety attacks. There are 2 other people in the group. I had my first session and I did learn a few ways to help myself.

I am also seeing a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. She spent two hours with me and told me I did not need to be working. lol, I could have told her that.

They will soon set me up to see a psychiatrist to get me back on meds. but in the mean time, I'm not on any. It's a roller coaster.

I will start Pain Management Group Therapy on Aug. 5, so I can learn to deal with my Fibromyalgia pain without medications as they don't work well for me and I get lots of side effects.

So, I've made that most important step...the first one. It was hard to do but I just couldn't keep going like I was.

It helps so much just to be able to tell you all what I am doing and knowing I can come here when I need to.

:)

·
27,948 Posts
I'm so happy for you !You're doing a great job taking care of yourself Dolphin. All positive steps. You should be very proud of yourself. :heartsm:

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I am happy to hear you havemade that first step! I hope everything goes well, you can always email me if you want to talk as I have Fibro as well as MS and if that's not depressing, nothing is...lol.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Darlene. It was very difficult to take that first step but it seems like it was the right one cause everything is falling into place.

I still don't have the money to pay for all the therapy but the group sessions are only $9.00 per visit. The therapy is $40.00 a visit and they said they will work with me on it.

I'm really happy about doing all this so it already helps my mood.

I have a lot of issues to work through and I sure wasn't able to do them by myself and it was too much to lay on my family and friends.

Thanks again.:D

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I hope you find the relief you need from all of the pain Dolphin !!
You have taken a very brave step and I am proud of you !!!!!:D

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Looks like a great plan to help you make improvements in your life. Were here to support you and give you lots of :hugz: while your going through all of this.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Well done! I'm really proud of you!

Stepping out and finding help is the hardest step - I hope you find peace soon.

Let us know how you are doing and mail me any time you would like to vent. Big HUGS to you - you have been very brave.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts