Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
internet connection do you use. I have DSL at work and dial-up at home. My dial-up is super slow, and am hoping to make enough money through e-bay to be able to make the switch to DSL.

So, what do you use?

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
We have dial up and actually its not any slower that DSL that we had when we lived in the city (700,000 people). It only cost $21.95 per month and we have unlimited hours.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Dial up here too. I keep saying I am going to change, but I haven't yet. It is more economical for us at the moment.

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
We have dial-up.I've tried getting something else but we can't where we live.We pay $18./month for unlimitied access.It's not to slow,but I know DSL or something else would be much faster lol

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
DSL. I like the high speed connection, but I'm not sure it's worth the extra expense.:(

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
dial up...sometimes its slow but for the most part its not to bad...better than nothing!

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Dial up here too. It is slow but for $16.95 a month for unlimited useage it isn't too bad. We live too far out to get cable or DSL yet.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Dial up at the moment, but we're getting DSL installed on July 2nd-- can't wait!

·
27,948 Posts
Cable and love it! We've never had a problem, can talk on the phone and you zoom all over. Zoom:bolt:

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
We have cable and it's great. Had dial-up for years and I have to say cable is so much better, you are always connected, no busy signals, no tying up the phone line and it's so much faster

·
Registered
177 Posts
We have DSL and like it much better than dial up. We didn't have much of a change in expense because we had to have a second phone line for dial up because both DH and I work from home on occaision and many times we would need to be dialed in to work and talking on the phone.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
DSL here :)

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I have dial up, it all I can get here.........

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
DSL here too. I got so sick of pages taking forever to load, and downloads taking a couple hrs (depending on what it was), plus tying up the phone lines and always being booted off. Plus whenever someone sent me a scanned picture to my e-mail, it would take about a 1/2 he for it to load. I spend alot less time on the internet now since I don't have to constantly wait for everything.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts