Frugal Village Forums banner
21 - 40 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
after trying different brands over the years and getting lovely rashes, we use all free and clear or cheer free. dh's grandmother used purex once to wash our clothes and i got a horrible rash.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I usually use whatever is on sale,but my favorite is Gain. I just love the smell! Lately I've been using the All small & mighty because I really stocked up during the last sale. I probably have twenty bottles of it!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I really like Tide with Febreeze and when I'm feeling ummm not so frugal I will buy it, most of the time it's when I start shopping for something different and smell it I fold and make the purchase. I use Surf most of the time and am satisfied with it, though I have noticed that the choices at WM are getting slimer and slimer when it comes to powder. Is there some kind of liquid detergent conspiracy ?

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Tide is definitely my favorite, but will use others when on sale.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm using a big bottle of Tide right now that I got at our pantry shower. After that it will Purex.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I use whatever is cheapest, iam finishing up the last box of sun which worked ok, i bought 2 boxes at 1.98 each. it says to use a cup of powder but i only used half. i like tide but not the price, i liked the all small and mighty, walmart had it for like 3.50 but now its 4.37!!! when i splurge i buy bio-kleen powder it washes 100 loads for 15.00. :hat:

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Kimberlina said:
I used to always use Purex. Now that we have an HE washer, we use the BJ's generic HE detergent that I think is supposed to be like Tide. Can't find the Purex HE, although my sister has told me it does exist somewhere.
Um...Whats an HE Washer?

Where I am, I always find Purex to be highest price of the non BIG name brands (or low to mid range names). I tend to stick to it b/c of the price, and quality besides my clothes are never really all that dirty and if they are Id just add a lil bit more as needed.

I like Sunlight, Tide and Gain but the prices even with coupons are way more then Purex is at reg price - never mind when its on sale...sometimes I can get 3 Purex for price of 1 Tide :laugh: you do the math! Plus I dont use the reccomended amount so it goes even further!

I use my Wisk jumbo bottle with a spout and just refill it with my Purex!

·
Registered
552 Posts
I used to use ALL. I've been using homemade stuff for a couple of months, though. I did it as an experiment at first, but now I'm sold. It doesn't suds, so it rinses more cleanly. Also, it doesn't have perfume, so it just smells clean. And, it doesn't bother DH's sensitive skin. Only drawback is that it doesn't handle stains very well, so I do add a little Oxyclean to most loads.

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
I either make my own or use Seventh Generation brand or Dr. Bronner's liquid castile soap diluted.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Right now I am using Era. I never really used it before, but Meijer had it on sale 2 for $5!! Now I wish I would've gotten more because it is wonderful. It cleans great and smells even better. I like Tide, but I just refuse to pay so much for it. I really really like the Arm & Hammer plus softner with the pink lid....it smells sooooooo goood!! Plus, I don't have to use an additional fabric softner with it. As far as dryer sheets go, I really like the one's at my Dollar Tree store. They work great and the smell is not too strong and overpowering.

·
Registered
589 Posts
i loved era detergent. i can't find it anywhere here anymore!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
A few years back, "Consumer Reports" stated Tide cleaned the best of all detergents so that is what I buy. I try to get it on sale and with a coupon and I use half of the recommended amount. I have some laundry disks I throw in the wash for added agitation.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
What kind of laundry detergent do you use?

I have been using All free and clear for the past 5-6 years, I guess since dd was born and had such horrible excema. Lately, it just hasn't been on sale and I have been wondering if there is something better out there. I think it works fine on getting the clothes clean, although I don't really have anything to compare it too, since I have used it for so long.

I bought a thing of Tide with Febreeze and I love the way it smells, but I feel like there is a coating on the clothes. I notice it when I am hanging them up to dry, so they are wet when I feel it. I do not notice it when they are dry. i can't decide if I like it or not. It does do a fine job cleaning I think.

Anyway, what kind do y'all use and why do you like it? Thanks!

Jennifer

21 - 40 of 130 Posts