Frugal Village Forums banner

41 - 60 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
I use "Bang" It comes in about a 4 gallon plastic pail, which I love since we live on a farm. Our clothes don't smell dirty when washed, but we get many stains due to farm life, but then we have different clothes for farm use and school/town use. It says 160 loads, I never counted but it last me about a month and cost $15.99

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I used to use whatever was cheapest or on sale (normally the big bucket of WindFresh from Sams) until I read consumer reports on the tests they did with detergents. Tide came out as least damaging to clothes (fading, stain removal) so I switched. We seldom buy clothes that aren't second hand so if I can keep them looking some what new it helps.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I got a bunch of liquid Tide on the clearance a while back. They were 3.00 a jug, which was cheaper than A&H and Purex (usually the cheapest). I got Tide with Febreze and Tide with Downy. I like them both. Our clothing smells really nice.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
My ds has had some problems with ezcema too and I use Purex Free and Clear, All Free and Clear or Arm & Hammer Perfume and Dye Free. I haven't had any problems and they all seem to work fine cleaning the clothes. Whenever I'm needing detergent, I typically buy which ever one of these three is on sale.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I get the big bucket of liquid Kirkland (store-brand for Costco) free & clear. Originally we got the free & clear for dd's eczema, but now I've noticed the perfume of other brands really bothers me. It's fairly inexpensive, and the jug lasts us forever. It'll feel empty, but if you tilt the jug towards the spout, I can get another few weeks of detergent out of it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I use Arm and Hammer Free adn clear stuff. its pretty well priced and it doesnt make my daughters exzema act up. its the only stuff i can use that works for her. here we get it for 4.25 and 1 container does 30loads

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I use Purex, it does it's job and it's cheap too! lol :) I havent had to buy much detergent lately I keep using up my free samples.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
we used to use WIndfree also cause at the market its like $11 for 5lb bucket and we would buy it like once or twice per year. no we use concentrated enviro friendly Trader joe brand powder detergent it has no harsh anythings in it and no scent so i may work for the eczema situation. its like 7.99 for the "80 load" box which i more expensive than the wind fresh but DS has sensitive skin and i hate scented stuff....so it works very well for us.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I always used Purex or Arm and Hammer, but the last time I went to BJ's they had an enormous container of Powdered Tide for $25, so I bought that and I've been using it for about 4 months already and I'm maybe halfway through. (and I do a TON of laundry.) If they have it when I'm buying detergent next time, I'll get it again.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
We are a Gain family here too. I love the scents that they have and it keeps my clothing looking great. I actually like it as well as Tide and it is cheaper. :)

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I use Tide. It gets my clothes really clean and smells great.

·
Registered
33 Posts
We use Tide. In a burst of frugality I bought a jug of Yes (?, maybe, it was in a yellow bottle) and did a load of rags. It faded the colors so badly I didn't use it for our clothes. It has lasted me forever since I only use it on rags/old towels. I am shy now about buying any other brand, so I stick to Tide.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Consumer Reports rated Tide #1 so that is what I use. I use Tide with bleach but I use half the recommended amount.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My sister has very bad excema too, we use Trader Joes Laundry detergent. A friend of mine told me how great it was for her granddaughter who could not used any detergents, they found this worked the best. We tried it and couldn't believe how great it is. It comes in Lavendar and Plain, we use the plain. I even used it for my newborn, instead of baby detergents. I highly recommend it!

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I've been using the Oxiclean ball for months since a got 4 free and they are good for about 25 loads each. For my sheets & towels I use Tide Simple Pleasures vanilla & lavender detergent and liquid fabric softener.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Gain. Nothing else.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I now only use Tide, I love it!

·
Registered
616 Posts
We use Kirkland liquid. I really like it because it doesn't have too much scent. It's supposed to do 96 loads but I use about 1/3 of the recommended amount. A bottle lasts me months. It's about $16.99 a bottle.

41 - 60 of 130 Posts