121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
purex 3-n-1 laundry sheets.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I use Dr. Bronner's Magic Castille Soaps, lavender is my favorite. 2 small squirts per load with just a little bit of Borax. $8 a bottle, but one bottle has lasted me a year so far, and that is just doing laundry for me. Works well.
I was wondering if anyone used Dr Bronner's castile soap and how.
Thanks!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I prefer tide but will use what ever is on sale.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Just this last week, I made my 1st batch of homemade. The recipe makes 2 gallons. I've used it several x's, so far-so good. I found Fels-Naptha @ my home store. Remember, it's in the laundry aisle. My Borax & washing soda came from Walmart. Since I use only 1 tsp of fabric softener per load, I buy, Purex, from the $Store...last forever. But when this bottle is gone, I will make homemade, using cheap hair conditioner. I date my bottles with permanent marker..just to see how long they last.
Just out of curiosity, have you calculated how much one batch costs to make?

·
Registered
768 Posts
I have been using Arm & Hammer w/ Oxyclean, but I also like Tide. I really love the way the A & H smells and I feel like I can use less. I use dryer sheets, cut in 1/2.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I use Dynamo, but only because I can get it for b1g2free about every 6 weeks. At the price of laundry soap I just can't let a deal like that go by.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I've been making powdered homemade detergent for almost 3 years now using Zote laundry bar soap, washing soda, baking soda, and borax. I'd guesstimate that it costs me $5-6 per batch at most, which lasts me several months. My washer's a top loader, but my mother and grandmother use the exact same recipe for their front loaders w/ no problem. It just takes a couple tablespoons per large load and does not suds up. This works great for me in cold water (we also have hard water), and I use half and half white vinegar and water for fabric softener. I do keep a box of the absolute cheapest dryer sheets on hand, cut in half, but I only use them about 5x/year! DH exercises and works on the car a lot, and this detergent removes odors and grease like a charm.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I only use the homemade and have since I first found this site. I use vinegar in the rinse cycle. I've showed my mom and sis how to make it too and they use it.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
i posted before, but have had to change what i buy. for whatever reason, the stores here just don't seem to stock the free and clear all nor the cheer free. i can get clorox2 without dye and perfume but not laundry detergent. I'm having to use regular cheer but i use a lot less than recommended and everything comes out fine.
My mom used to use era. It worked great on getting stains out but was horrible for my skin.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Gain, Gain, Gain. I use the detergent, liquid fabric softener and dryer sheets. I LOVE it and won't use anything else. It smells heavenly.

121 - 130 of 130 Posts