Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kittens made me happy. Playing tennis against the school made me happy. Chinese jumprope, jacks, lemon twister...all made me happy. Flying kites made me happy too.

Name some things that made you happy as a child.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
Climbing trees. My friend, Gail, and I climbed every tree in the neighborhood. I loved being up at the top of the tree looking down at the neighborhood.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Animals and stomping in puddles.......:D

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Going to my great grannies and shelling peas with her.

Baby kittens in my grandpa's barn that I got to feed milk to each time I was there

Listening to my uncle play his accordion

Chasing butterflies

Stomping in water puddles!!!! I still do that every now and then, but don't tell anyone. :D

·
27,948 Posts
So many things, penny candy,riding my bike, staying up late and catching fireflies, popsicles, playing 4 square,
watching wild kingdom & disney while eating popcorn and sipping rootbeer.
Staying awake on Friday nights knowing that my Dad would get home after 11pm and had subs or a pizza just for my mom and him but I crashed the party begging for some.

So many things... I still love to stomp in puddles too!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
A brand new box of crayons...especially the 64 pack with the sharpener!

Coloring books.

Mom always found neat crafty things at the stores for my brother and I to do, shrinky dinks, sun catchers so on.

mud puddles...as long as i dind't see a worm near by (ick).

kittens

climbing trees too

making "forts" in the living room and sleeping there through the night

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
coming home from church and changing to my regular clothes, and walking into grandma's kitchen and smelling what was cooking for lunch.

reading a good book

being out in the rain

playing with our pets

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Sneaking my cats into my bedroom and having them sleep in there with me.:paw:
Spending the day at the beach playing with friends or just being alone on a beach finding shells.:cool:
Going to Girl Scout camp.
Having my Dad be on vacation and us going somewhere away from phones so that no one could get ahold of him from work and take him away from us.
Going up and watching the volcano erupt at night (beautiful sight with all that red lava fountaining out of the earth).
Watching the Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday nights on Channel 7 at 7 p.m.!:toothy:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Being dad's helper - farm chores or woodworking.

Playing volleyball off the roof of the garage.

Riding bike.

Going down to the river with my neighbor and playing in the water.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Coming home from school and having dad say we were going somewhere. He loved to surprise us! One time we ended up having supper on the Mississippi river,one time we went to Canada.No warning,just off we would go.
sitting under the huge weeping willow at grandmas in the summer.
kittens,puppies,and all little cuddly animals.
playing in the summer rain.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Rainbow pads (remember those?)
Color books and crayons
penny candy
a trip to the library--all the NEW books to read!

Does anyone see a theme here? These things cost little to no money! Can we make our kids as happy with as little (comparativel) cash? Something to think about...

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Having my Grandparents come for a visit. I thought my Papa hung the moon (HE DID :D ). Spending the night with my friends. Vacation Bible School. Christmas morning, Easter Sundays.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts