Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on vacation last week and ran into a retired teacher and he asked what order of importance would you put these 4 words in. There is no right or wrong answer and depending on your age the list order will probably change.

People
Morals
Things (Important things like something your child made or something you dh or so gave you)
Money

How would you list them?

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
I feel like I'm overthinking this. For instance, does People mean people in general or does it include family?

I'd say morals first, because they directly impact how I treat people.

Next comes people

Then comes things.

Then money.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
People
money
morals
things

I listed them in reverse order of what I would give up to survive.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Morals
People
Money
Things

Good question. Money and things made me think a little more. Decided money was more important than things since a roof over my head was more valuable than things. But I could over think this and be here all day. lol

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Morals
People
Things (Important things like something your child made or something you dh or so gave you)
Money

I put morals first because one should not deal with people who have none. :)

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I feel like I'm overthinking this. For instance, does People mean people in general or does it include family?

I'd say morals first, because they directly impact how I treat people.

Next comes people

Then comes things.

Then money.
I agree. If someone has no morals, people mean nothing. I think morals mold us into caring people. I don't associate with someone without morals.

1.morals
2.people
3.things
4.money

Cat

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
People
Morals
Money

Although in my "real" list I would have Animals at the top. But you didn't give that as an option. Unless that would fall under things.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
The implication here that family can supersede morality?

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
The implication here that family can supersede morality?
Just as an outsider of the convo speaking up, yes.

oh and I feel there's a ton of different morals, so I really felt like "morals" was too broad of a term. One can have some but not the same nor all the ones of another person. Is this an all or nothing term? I thought it was to list the order of importance. For me, they are less important because I put less emphasis on some than others. Hi. I'm babbling.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Just as an outsider of the convo speaking up, yes. I could and have given up certain morals for family.
Could you give an example of such a case?

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Could you give an example of such a case?
Actually I edited it because I realized I did not give them up myself, so much as excused them from others. So I can handle people, particularly family, that have no morals, thus putting people before morals. If that makes any sense.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.