Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Sara, This is a possible blog post for me! So many of the items are versions of items we actually bought for our family this year. Corduroy, aside. :)

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
I can't remember wanting much of that stuff, though I did have an Easy-Bake at one point, and I definitely wore clothes a lot like those kid's pant suits. It wasn't a simpler time, but I think we were less self-conscious of ourselves.

·
Registered
545 Posts
very funny! though I do love corduroys!

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
I had a plaid pant suit very similar to the one the little girl is wearing. No doubt from the Sears catalogue, we got everything from them back then. Free delivery, no minimum, and they'd pick up returns as well - everyone on the street knew the delivery driver by name.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Even though I was only in Jr high I remember people wearing all that beer logo covered stuff! And those plaid outfits.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Oh dear, LOL. Funny stuff.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Too funny!! I was only 10 at the time and I remember one of those pantsuits!!! Not sure if I got it that year or not....and I remember my brother getting the cool bike that was $19.

Thanks for the memories! :)

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Before my time.....Thankfully! LOL...Although sad to say...I was born in 1980...but my mom bought some of my baby and toddler clothes at yardsales.....so who was wearing the 70's styles in the 80's...yup that's right....the toddler version of me! LOL

·
27,948 Posts
That Kimono with the slipper socks is such a HOT look.

Reactions: valerian

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
476 Posts
Pant suits from 75 . . . My older sister had that burnt-orange one, I had the scary plaid - and I can put my hands on pictures to prove it! How funny!

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
That was fun! I remember the 'pre washed denim' my friends and I all got that for Christmas that year. :)
I remember getting a Mood Ring and a Pet Rock, too.

My two oldest dsons got the pajamas on the cover of the 1980 Christmas catalog.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Man, how I used to laugh at my mom's '50s ads and stuff. Now that I'm seeing how we dressed in the '70s and '80s, it's even funnier. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts