Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I know this is a loaded question. I live in Michigan and looking for VERY good benefits. I am looking for infertility coverage and or adoption assistance. Where would I look for something that has this. A hospital is one I can think of possibly Anything else. I don't have a degree in anything. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Don't count on a hospital offering good benefits. But working for an actual infertility doctor might (I have a friend who is a nurse practitioner in an OB/GYN office, and got her in vitro reduced because of this)
HOWEVER I believe Wendy's restaurants offer adoption subsidies (Dave Thomas, the founder, was adopted)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Borders had one of the best adoption assistance programs I've seen for an entry-level position. Now that they're filing bankruptcy, I'm not so sure that's the case anymore.

·
Registered
672 Posts
There are lists online of national companies that offer adoption benefits. I am sure someone is making a list of those who are offering invitro benefits as well. You also have to ASK what those benefits are...it may just be an adoption loan etc. Also remember that you are usually entitled to any maternity benefits given after birth. Not the disablity time but family leave.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ok I know this is a loaded question. I live in Michigan and looking for VERY good benefits. I am looking for infertility coverage and or adoption assistance. Where would I look for something that has this. A hospital is one I can think of possibly Anything else. I don't have a degree in anything. Thank you.
I work for Whole Foods Market. I beleive there are a few stores in Michigan (Rochester Hills, West Bloomfield. Troy) I've been working there in Virginia for about 4 years now. They have great benefits , including Medical, a flex spending card for co-pays that THEY put money into. Vacation hours. dental etc....

You don't have to "Use it or lose it" on the vacation hours or flex spending card. It can accumulate.

EAch location is slightly different. At our particular store they start you off at $10 an hour in most departments.

Anyway, thats something to check into. Good luck :sun:

P.S. I don't know about the infertility coverage or adoption assistance, but i will try and check it out for you

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
A none for profit hospital will likely have better benefits then a for profit. Hubby started out with a non or profit and we had excellent benefits, they sold and now our benefits are awful.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Not familiar with adoption assistance. But infertility coverage is hard to come by. You'll most likely find insurance coverage for diagnostics- them finding out WHY you can't get pregnant, but not actually helping you.

Here are some good resources for you:

Insurance CoverageRESOLVE: The National Infertility Association

IVFConnections.com - Top 50 U.S. Companies with Fertility and Adoption Benefits

ETA: DH is military and our insurance only does diagnostics too. So we had to pay for our IUI's and IVF ICSI out of pocket. I did tons and tons of research on how to keep costs down. There are ways to get good care and not pay tons

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.