Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I vote for the Double Wedding Ring also. I think it is so beautiful. I would also love to learn to do a Mariner's Compass quilt, I think it is such a beautiful pattern.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
I have to say the Double Wedding Ring too, as soon as I read the question that is what popped into my mind...........it is such a traditional and beautiful quilt!:smball: I would also like to make Grandmothers Fan, I love it too!!

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Well, since I've only done the 9 patch, I'm pretty open for anything but I would really like to make a Log Cabin quilt. I have all the instructions but it looks like such an awesome undertaking and so time consuming that I just haven't started it yet.

I don't think I anywhere near ready for the Double Wedding Ring. I love the look of the 2nd Seven Sisters. I'd love to make that one.:D

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
cathedral windows is probably the one i want to learn the most. I want to learn "puffy" or "Biscuit" quilting too

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Melissa, I would like to make a biscuit quilt too. I would like one for DD's bed. CJ, have you made one and if so was it difficult?

That is a beautiful example of the Mariner's Compass. I love the colors that they used.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
LOL CJ. Thank you for the link. I had no idea there could be so many variations. Now I have MORE to think about. I thought it just went one way and that was it.

I like the idea of putting red in each center as a symbol for the hearth of the home.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dolphin, a log cabin always had either a red or yellow centre. Also the log cabin quilt was one of the quilts that was often used for the underground railroad. When one was hanging in an upstairs window, it meant it was a safe house. Just a tidbit for you.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
I would love to do the Double wedding ring (one day) and the Mariners compass! I gotta finish the ones in the tutorial first though! LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts