Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today our mail came at 5:05pm. LOL It's typically here between 4-4:30pm. I have never lived anywhere that mail was delivered so late. The mailman actually scared me. Our box is attached to the house and I thought Gabe was home and it was the mailman. LMAO

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
We pick our mail up at the post office. It depends on who is working that day on what time it is al out for us to pick up. Most days, it's out by 10 or 10:30 a.m.. On the weekends or when our relief person does it, it could be as late as 2 p.m.. I have to say, I really enjoy our postmaster Rich! He is so funny and is always excited to see what goodies I have got in the mail that day. He asks me about all the good deals I get and how he and his wife can get in on them too!:)

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
We pick up our mail as well at the post office. I usually walk up around 9:30 and its all sorted. Its a nice walk and I can do it in about 12 minutes.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
We get ours at the post office too and it is usually sorted by 9:30 am.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
anywhere between 3 and 5

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
between 3-5 usually. except on saturdays then it is around noon.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
ROFL Sara, that struck me funny about the mailman!!:D

I go into the village to pick mine up and it is usually there by 10:30.

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Our mail is usually here by 1pm. On Saturday we have the 'weekend' driver and she's here sometimes BEFORE 11am...now why is it the weekend help can be here so early and the M-F driver is here much later when it's the same route!

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
Our mail usually arrives about noonish. I have the best mail carrier, he really goes the extra mile! :)

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
it all depends on which driver we have. if it is teh older guy that is our regular driver, it's here between 11:30 and 1. if it is one of teh other 4+ drivers i have seen making runs, it can be here anytime between 11 and 6. now how weird is that. on saturday it's usually around 2. i can tell when we have any driver other than teh older guy because the younger guys just don't pay attention and i get the neighbor's mail or mail for a street similar to ours but our street has two words in the name and the other street just has teh first word of our street name.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
We have the slowest mailman on earth!!! I am lucky if the mail gets here before 6pm!!!!! The only good thing is that this particular mailman only works this route 4 days a week, the other 2 days our mail is here by noon. I wonder why it takes the regular guy so dang long!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Our mailman runs anytime between 1:30 and 6pm. At our previous house the mailman ran every day at 10:30, I miss my old mailman!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Did anyone see the movie with Chevy Chase in which he and his wife move to a seemingly idealic small town and he end up having a crazy mailman who drives by his house in an ancient pickup and throws his mail out of the window while laughing madly? Well that mailman's evil twin brother is our rural mail carrier, LOL. I routinely get other people's mail, especially their junk mail, I used to put it back in the box for him to pick up but he only picked it back up once in while so I finally just started delivering it to the owners myself (one of the perks to small town living, I know everyone). Our mail comes anytime between 2 and 6pm. :D

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
sometime between 12:00 and 2:00, unless there is a check expected in the mail, then the mail man wears lead in his shoes!!!

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
The last 3-4 weeks, our mail had started arriving between 1-2pm. Before that, though, it always arrived around 5pm. The last few days we've been back to 5pm.... maybe our regular carrier had been on vacation? If so, I miss the substitute!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Katybird~ Funny Farm, love that movie :)

We are rural route but for some strange reason they do rural first? I would have thought the other way around. Regular guy, 9am, fill in 10am.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
ours comes around 10:30 am during the week and between 10:30-12:00 on saturdays.:D i like getting it early.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
hmsclmom said:
We pick our mail up at the post office. It depends on who is working that day on what time it is al out for us to pick up. Most days, it's out by 10 or 10:30 a.m.. On the weekends or when our relief person does it, it could be as late as 2 p.m.. I have to say, I really enjoy our postmaster Rich! He is so funny and is always excited to see what goodies I have got in the mail that day. He asks me about all the good deals I get and how he and his wife can get in on them too!:)

It's the same her Debbie, if the releif is working, could be late or not at all, sometimes I have to take other peoples mail back......
I wonder how many other people get my mail......:mad:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts