Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a box of cornflakes at a discount grocery store that my daughter won't eat. She loves cornflakes and eats them all the time and isn't at all brand picky but for some reason this brand just doesn't taste good to her. They aren't stale so they still have crunch to them, so any suggestions for how to use up the box? TIA

·
Registered
763 Posts
I run them through the food processor and use them for breading for meats!! They are yummy like that!!

Reactions: elphie

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
If all else fails you can crumble them and put them in meatloaf.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I have a recipe where you heat corn syrup & sugar, then mix in some peanut butter and add it to 6 cups of corn flakes. You spread the mixture into a pan, top it with melted chocolate and let it cool, then cut into bars.

PM me if this sounds like something you'd like and I'll get the recipe for you.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found this recipe and thought I'd share... my dh doesn't like tuna so I made one batch with tuna to freeze individually for my lunch and I made one batch with shredded chicken instead of tuna. It was good both ways.

TUNA CASSEROLE

2 c. cooked macaroni, drained
1 (7 oz.) can tuna
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/4 c. water or milk
1/4 c. corn flake crumbs
1 tbsp. butter

Place 1 layer of macaroni in greased 1 quart casserole. Cover with 1/2 can of tuna, add another layer of macaroni and another layer of tuna. Top with third layer of macaroni.
Mix mushroom soup with water or milk and pour over macaroni/tuna mixture. Top with corn flakes and dot with butter. Bake in oven at 375 degrees until top is brown and contents are heated through. Makes 4 servings.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Somewhere around here I've got a recipe that used them crushed in cookies. Mom used to make them all the time when I was a kid. She'd save the crumbs from the bottom of the boxes and make them.

Laurie in Bradenton

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
CORN FLAKE CANDY
1 pkg. butterscotch chips (6 oz.)
2 1/2 c. corn flakes
1/2 c. peanuts (optional)
Melt chips, add corn flakes and nuts. Drop on greased cookie sheets. Let cool. Eat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts